The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
C++/Python Software Engineer W/M
Your mission :
The aim of the EPFL Blue Brain Project, a Swiss brain research initiative founded and directed by Professor Henry Markram, is to establish simulation neuroscience as a complementary approach alongside experimental, theoretical and clinical neuroscience to understanding the brain, by building the world’s first biologically detailed digital reconstructions and simulations of the mouse brain.We are currently looking for a: C++/Python Software Engineer (W/M) : Development, Deployment, and Benchmarking to strengthen BBP simulation and High-Performance Computing team.Main duties and responsibilities include :
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the software deployment of Blue Brain scientific software stack (50+ applications) on clusters and supercomputers.
- Responsible for the development of workflows and tools to support the automated testing, validation and performance analysis of Blue Brain software stack across platforms in collaboration with Blue Brain software developers and Blue Brain Infrastructure.
- Participate to the development and maintenance of C++/Python applications.
- Participate to the packaging of the Blue Brain Project software stack
- Participate to the software quality control of the Blue Brain Project.
Essential skills and experience required:
- Professional experience in C++/Python Software development, testing, release, compilation, debugging, and documentation.
- Professional experience in Software Quality control and testing.
- Professional experience using UNIX/Linux operating systems.
- Experience in Linux-based system administration.
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems such as Jenkins, Buildbot, ...
- Good team player and fluent English in speech and writing.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented, parallel, and distributed programming.
- Experience with software packaging (Spack, Nix, RPM, Deb, Koji, ...)
- Professional experience in Large Scale Software Deployment.
- Experience in software development on supercomputers and distributed systems.
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA) and REST-API based application development
Your profile :
- Master’s degree in computer science and/or computer engineering with three years of experience in industry or track record in development and packaging of C++/Python applications.
- Involvement in Open Source communities, interests in Software development, compilation and packaging.
- Quality-driven work ethics.
We offer :
- An internationally visible and rising project in simulation-based.
- A dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and international working
Start date :
As soon as possible
Term of employment :
1 year, renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered