The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
C++ Software Engineer for Scientific Visualization (W/M)
Your mission :
The aim of the EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), a Swiss brain research initiative founded and directed by Professor Henry Markram, is to establish simulation neuroscience as a complementary approach alongside experimental, theoretical and clinical neuroscience to understanding the brain, by building the world’s first biologically detailed digital reconstructions and simulations of the mouse brain.The tasks we offer include e.g.
- Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of Brayns. Brayns is our open source scalable scientific visualization framework for brain models based on ray tracing. It features high fidelity, large-scale, interactivity, and stereoscopic rendering capabilities.
- Advance a highly-efficient abstraction layer for processing very large scientific data
- Interact with scientific and engineering teams for visualization use cases, requirements and specifications
- Contribute to the deployment of visualization software on cloud-like systems
Your profile :
Essential skills and experience required
- Extensive experience with modern C++ software development practices
- Good knowledge of Python
- Very good familiarity with software development life-cycle, such as version control (Git), continuous integration, testing, code reviews, deployment, profiling, debugging, QA
- Good familiarity with UNIX/Linux operating systems and CMake
- Familiarity with visualization techniques (ray tracing, rendering) and computer graphics
- Strong knowledge of ray tracing (CPU or GPU based)
- Strong interest for computer graphics
- Experience with scientific visualization and Python scientific libraries is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or similar field
- 2+ year of work experience with C++ programming
- Experience with driving the design and maintenance of complex software projects
- Comfortable with large, existing codebases
- Good team player and fluent English in speech and writing
We offer :
- An internationally recognized research project using state-of-the-art HPC infrastructure
- A dynamic, inter-disciplinary and international working environment
- An opportunity to get your hands dirty with new technologies as they emerge
- Great colleagues and excellent coffee.
Start date :
As soon as possible
Term of employment :
CDD 1 year , renewable
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered