We are looking for a software engineer intern to help us bring impact investing to more and more people. You are successful if our customers and visitors love Yova more and more every day. And if consumers and techies alike are inspired by our product.
Our Backend technology is based on Linux/Unix Systems, Postgresql databases and Ruby on Rails. We also work with Docker, Amazon web services (AWS) and Kubernetes (Google Cloud). If you are interested in front-end technologies, you could also have the opportunity to learn Angular +6 and design best practices working closely with the UX team.
On the Engineering team at Yova, we deliver a modern, fast and unique platform for impact investing, along with handling several key systems behind the scenes like our portfolio generation algorithm and our internal trading application.
- Be finishing or have completed a computer science, business informatics or a comparable degree program or training.
- Have a first professional experience (internships, work placement, etc.) and extensive technical expertise (current technology trends).
- Be hungry to learn and develop as a professional.
- Be experienced with client-server architectures, application development, and using databases.
- Have experience using and developing APIs.
- Have exposure to version control systems (preferable Git).
- Have an understanding of, or experience with, Agile development methodology.
- Be fully proficient in English.
- Optional skills which are a plus but not a requirement:
- Experience in cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Kubernetes + Google Cloud).
- Some command of the German language.
- You will join a high-performing team in a fast-growing start-up on an ambitious impact mission.
- You will be able to define and achieve your own goals with the support of our team members.
- You’ll be taking leadership to get things done in a fast decision-making and agile development environment.
- You will learn the latest technologies with our Senior Engineers.
- You will use cutting-edge technologies, mainly Ruby on Rails, to bring the app to the next level.
- You will have flexible working hours with a workplace in Zürich city centre, with an optional home office every once in a while.
- You will get an attractive compensation package.
- You will have an option for permanent employment after a successful traineeship.
You want to apply? Please click on "Apply for this job" on our website. We are looking forward to hearing from you!