We are a Life Science and IT service provider that has been successfully carrying out 'state-of-the-art' projects for international customers for more than 25 years. Our consultants mainly work on our customer's premises, integrated in the customer's project team.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic forward thinking organization and we are looking for like-minded individuals that are driven by ambition and highly motivated by challenging jobs, as well as financial incentives.
With our attractive compensation and benefits model, this is a great opportunity to maximize your earning potential. The further development of our colleagues and team members as well as an excellent work atmosphere are amongst the top values of our company.
Our groups "Clinical Development” and "Laboratory & Research" are seeking professionals with the profile below. As experienced Data Scientist you have a proven track record in successfully managing laboratory research or clinical data projects. Your professional background and experience enables you to efficiently support our customers in bridging between IT and business to build and optimize their IT landscape.
- Work through our clients' entire data ecosystem to understand their needs and where to find and collect that information. Support/coach developers in the understanding and preparation of data
- Design and/or contribute to the design of statistical and machine learning models
- Support the evaluation of the designed models and present results through data visualization
- Drive the execution of data science experiments based on business requirements and data and present the results to business stakeholders
- Coach team members on the design and scientific background of statistical models
- Organize knowledge sharing sessions in order to teach Data Science basic principles to project team members
Qualification and Experience:
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics, CADD, or similar quantitative field
- Experience in applying major data science, statistics and machine learning algorithms (e.g. Data Science, Support Vector Machines, Neural Nets, Deep Learning, Machine Learning) and methods for exploratory, and confirmatory data analysis in mid to large volume data sets (at least 3 years)
- Substantial experience with SAS/R and/or Python, ideally in Pharma/Biostats or Experience in computer aided drug design.
- In-depth knowledge of relational database principles and corresponding query language skills (e.g. SQL)
- Work experience with NoSQL (MongoDB) and graph databases
- Knowledge of big data platforms (e.g. Hadoop, SPARK)
- Familiar with container technologies (e.g. Docker and Kubernetes)
- Work well within a team and collaborate with individuals with technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Fluent in English - oral and written, German desirable