The central Advanced Analytics team at the Abbott Established Pharma Division’s (EPD) headquarters in Basel helps define and lead the transformation towards becoming a global, data-driven company with the help of data and modern data technologies (e.g. Machine Learning, Deep Learning).
To us, Advanced Analytics is an important lever to reach our business targets, now and in the future; It helps differentiate ourselves from our competition and ensure sustainable revenue growth at optimal margins.
Hence the central AA team is an integral part of the Strategy Management Office at EPD that has a very close link and regular interactions with the EPD Senior Leadership Team.
With the above requirements in mind, EPD is looking to fill a role of
Advanced Analytics Translator/ Manager
as individual contributor on manager level who would be a key member of the newly created central Advanced Analytics team.
This role would be specifically accountable for optimizing and driving business impact with the help of Advanced Analytics to support EPD growth and development.
The AA challenger/translator has a proven ability to combine deep business, statistics and extensive hands-on advanced analytics skills to always keep a top-down / business impact-focused view throughout end-to-end design, detailing, delivery, integration and refinement of key Advanced Analytics projects. He/she helps ensure that we work on the right topics to ensure optimal business impact for EPD, both strategically and in terms of efficiency improvements and cost reductions. The position is responsible for working with and / or leading cross-functional teams across the commercial and functional divisions as well as support functions of EPD to execute strategic Advanced Analytics projects world-wide. Extensive industry work experience in a similar role or as hands-on data scientist for Machine and Deep Learning with significant business stakeholder interactions hence a must.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Conduct detailed prioritization and design of strategic / transformational Advanced Analytics initiatives and projects for Abbott EPD, including business cases already from the start and bringing in best practices and insights from internal and external sources (market, competition and other industries)
- Lead cross-functional teams across Abbott EPD and its businesses – across commercial, operations, HR, finance and product development functions on these transformative Advanced Analytics projects to help EPD to become a global, data-driven company. Always put optimal business impact in focus and never settle with status quo or “more convenient” solutions.
- Execute and deliver prioritized Advanced Analytics initiatives and ensure regular problem solving, tracking and de-bottlenecking. May need to handle a few different projects at the same time. Each project to be delivered accountably with clear deadlines and outcomes (defined business impact and KPIs)
- Influence leadership team members on changes arising out of Advanced Analytics project recommendations, with sound logic and supporting insights.
- Ensure that Advanced Analytics project design and execution roadmaps are fully aligned with the senior leadership team of EPD. Perform escalation of issues along with mitigating actions to relevant owners, sponsors and EPD senior leadership team members.
- Support in identifying and prioritizing Advanced Analytics initiatives and projects for EPD based on short- and long-term business needs.
- Drive definition of global standards and policies to optimize business impact of Advanced Analytics within EPD globally, enable re-use of assets.
You are expected to lead cross-functional teams and influence with logic and data. You will not have direct reports but wide coaching responsibilities for data scientists within EPD worldwide to build up essential skills for the future within the organization.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience, ideally in pharma environment
- Demonstrated senior-level leadership in engaging with senior executives and senior business as well as technical stakeholders.
- Proven, impactful ideation and problem-solving ability in international and cross-functional settings
- Effective communication and influencing skills, solid experience in bridging between Advanced Analytics / modern data technologies and business.
- Proven experience in successfully applying data science methods, data and analytics to business problems
- Solid industry working experience working hands-on on full-life cycle data science; all the way from identifying potential, effectively applying data science methods to business problems (experience in the financial/commercial or manufacturing / supply chain areas a plus) an deploying machine learning models.
- Strong experience in e.g., data mining, statistical modelling, predictive modeling and development of machine learning algorithms
- Strong background in analytics and statistics, used to use data for argumentation and validation of ideas
- Recent programming experience in R or Python and ideally also in object-orientated programming such as e.g., C, C++, Java
- Ideally good understanding of good software engineering principles, practical experience in deploying machine learning solutions and good knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries
- Experience of AWS / Sagemaker a plus
- Ability to set up and run cross-functional projects efficiently
- Bring urgency to the tasks at hand
- Ability to multitask
- Being adaptable towards new situations and having an out of the box approach
- Accountability for delivering high quality results
- Intrinsic motivation to guide people and make Advanced Analytics more accessible to a broader range of stakeholders. Ability to work with cross-functional teams and bring business and data science closer together – strategy consultancy experiences a strong plus
- Fluency in English a must, additional languages a plus
If you think you got what it takes we are looking forward to your full application in pdf format