The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and innovation. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
Head of the Proteomics Core Facility (W/M)
Your mission :
The School of Life Sciences of the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) invites applications for a position of Head of the Proteomics Core Facility (PCF). The PCF benefits from core funding to provide the local and external scientific community with a comprehensive support for the identification, characterization and quantification of proteins. The head of the platform will lead a team currently composed of 5 staff members and will manage the platform’s services using state-of-the-art equipment in mass spectrometry and protein separation.
Main duties and responsibilities include :
- Manage the routine services of the PCF and establish the platform’s scientific and technological development strategies.
- Advise, in collaboration with the platform’s team, the PCF users on project design, technical aspects including troubleshooting strategies, data interpretation and service costs.
- Manage the platform’s internal research and development projects.
- Scout for relevant new technologies in the proteomics field, and evaluate their implementation at the PCF in accordance with the needs of users.
- Manage budget and personnel aspects of the PCF.
- Contribute to the preparation of grant proposals related to the acquisition of new instruments.
- Contribute to the preparation of users’ project proposals and research papers.
- Participate in the PCF’s teaching activities.
- Foster the integration of the PCF with other core facilities.
- Promote the PCF at the local, national and international level.
Your profile :
- PhD relevant to the field of proteomics and mass spectrometry (MS).
- Strong background in the latest techniques of proteomics and MS-based analysis of proteins, including targeted and global quantitative methods as well as different chemical labelling approaches such as multiplexed SILAC and isobaric mass tag techniques.
- Good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of the MS and UPLC systems.
- Familiarity with MS search engines and data analysis pipelines. Good understanding of proteomics-related statistical methods and their application to large datasets.
- Interest in designing and leading innovative research and development projects using state-of-the-art MS instrumentation.
- Proven organizational, analytical and leadership skills with the ability to lead a team composed of scientists working as technical specialists, technicians and a bioinformatician.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with users of the facility and senior management of the School.
- Proficiency in English is a must, and French would be a plus.
We offer :
- A dynamic and international work environment in a multidisciplinary School.
- Possibility to lead a dynamic and diverse team of highly-skilled specialists.
- Internationally competitive salary and benefits.
- EPFL is an equal opportunity employer and family friendly university. It is committed to increasing the diversity of its employees. It strongly encourages women to apply.
Start date :
January 1st, 2021 or as agreed.
Term of employment :
Work rate :
For additional information please contact Prof. Bruno Correia by e-mail at email@example.com
Please include cover letter, curriculum vitae, synopsis of key accomplishments and names and addresses (including e-mail) of three references. Review of applications will start October 15th and will continue until the position has been filled.
Only candidates who applied through EPFL website or our partner Jobup’s website will be considered