Scailyte is a globally recognized, leading startup, spin-off from ETH Zürich. We focus on AI-driven single‐cell analysis to make groundbreaking discoveries as well as reveal disease‐specific biomarkers, enabling new avenues in precision medicine and personalized therapy. Our approach comprises three key pillars:
- High-quality biomedical data sets in disease areas with unmet need for early and accurate diagnostics, generated through excellent project design and execution in partnership with top clinical researchers.
- Targeted and sensitive algorithms to extract clinically relevant insight, integrated into a proprietary data analytics platform through continuous development and application of most appropriate technology.
- Industrialization and adoption of our ultra-sensitive biomarkers, through an established and growing network of top clinicians and industry leaders in diagnostics and pharma.
We are looking for a self-driven and motivated data scientist with experience in machine learning and molecular data analysis to join our team. You will drive forward the development of our proprietary analytics platform, ScaiVision, enabling the discovery of more sensitive and accurate insights from a wider range of single-cell and clinical data.
Required Skills and Competences:
- PhD in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology, or alternatively in a related quantitative field with experience in biological data analysis. A masters degree with 7+ years of relevant experience would also be considered.
- Solid expertise in Python programming; experience with R would also be an advantage.
Experience in implementing machine learning algorithms. Experience with deep learning frameworks, in particular Pytorch, is a plus.
- Experience working with biological and/or clinical datasets. Experience analyzing high throughput single-cell datasets such as scRNA-seq or CyTOF is a strong plus.
- Good knowledge of best practices in scientific software development, including version control and testing. Development experience in a regulated environment would be a plus.
- A high degree of self-motivation and drive, enabling independent analysis of complex problems. Ability to handle multiple priorities to tight deadlines.
- Strong ability and willingness to teach juniors and collaborate with other teammates.
Excellent communication and presentation skills – able to clearly explain and contextualize results to non-technical stakeholders (in English).
- Develop and benchmark cutting-edge algorithms for single-cell data analysis, interpretation and visualization.
- Develop innovative methods for integrating single-cell data with other types of data such as clinical, lifestyle, and bulk genomics.
- Analyze single-cell data from clinical collaborations and external customers to discover novel biomarkers.
- Clearly communicate results in oral and written form to internal and external teams.
Follow machine learning and single-cell analysis trends and publications in order to identify, define and prioritize new features for our platform.
- Contribute a technical perspective to company strategy development, while aligning priorities to implement strategic decisions.
- Operate effectively in a matrix organization; collaborate on specific projects with the Biomedical Science and Business Development teams.
- Mentor junior team members and interns, promote best practices in data science and software development.
What we offer:
- Work in a multi-disciplinary and international team at the interface of biomedical sciences and medicine
- Swiss-based employment contract
- Competitive compensation and participation in the company’s stock option plan
Please send your application in english to: firstname.lastname@example.org