Field Sales Representative Pain therapies Central Switzerland - German Speaker

  • Medtronic
  • Bern, Bern, Switzerland
  • 05/10/2020
Full time Data Science Data Analytics Big Data Data Management Statistics

Job Description

Careers that Change Lives
In this role you will be deployed to both competitively promote and clinically support the Pain Stim, TDD and execute protection and share gain sales opportunities to grow the business in line with AOP expectations. The role requires strong and proven commercial account and customer management skills. You must strive to continuously improve ways of working and achieve the best possible outcomes for the patient, customer and Medtronic.

A Day in the Life
Main responsibilities:

  • Working primarily with implanting physicians on their territory the Field Sales Representative (FSR) will build strong hospital implanting team networks and ensure the accounts are managed following their requirements
  • Field Sales Representative will drive share gain sales through delivery of strong competitive messaging and ‘head-to-head’ activities which will secure new and sustainable revenue for Medtronic
  • In this role you will spend 60 % of the time on sales activities
  • Uncovering customer needs, developing and implementing plans to leverage opportunities. This will be uncovered, progressed and managed through a deep understanding of implanter priorities, research interests and capacity opportunities, and in line with the Medtronic strategic direction.
  • Tender management activities will be managed by the Field Sales Rep and in collaboration with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure Medtronic therapies are included and positioned with a strong offering balancing quality and price
  • You will consistently input all data in the CRM and you will be accountable for a high level of forecasting.

Clinical Support

  • The role will find a suitable balance for providing non-reactive case support and patient follow-up (e.g. trouble-shooting, programming…) to secure new and protect existing business where appropriate. This will take max 40 % of the time, the other 60 % should be sales activities outside the OR.
  • The provision of time spent should be allocated appropriately following the strategic requirements.
  • Field Sales Reps will deploy adequate T&E activities to reduce the reliance on clinical/follow-up support in order to focus on competitive sales activities

Read more about Pain Therapies: https://global.medtronic.com/xg-en/patients.htmlMust Have: Minimum Requirements

  • 2-3 years sales experience
  • Proven ability to operate in a complex environment and work effectively with sales management, customers and across geographic and organizational boundaries.
  • Proven ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) at all levels in an organization and with diverse groups.
  • Demonstrates ability to successfully apply knowledge and educate customers on Medtronic offerings and programming skills required to support cases
  • Demonstrates strong core clinical competencies (recommended guidelines, disease state, anatomy, therapy area, current treatment methods, patient selection) and can read, understand and present clinical studies to external and internal customers.
  • Leverages product benefit insights, product specification, marketing strategy and clinical evidence in interactions with customers within a competitive environment.
  • Leverages data and tools to better analysis and interpret market to better understand trends, build accurate forecasts, drive decisions and track strategy outcomes, all in order to grow the business
  • German language fluent and good knowledge English language skills
  • Based in the working territory

Nice to have

  • Medical device or pharmaceutical industry sales experience
  • Preferred Clinical or life-science

About Medtronic
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future