Syngenta Group is one of the world’s leading agriculture innovation companies, with roots going back more than 250 years. Its 48,000 people across more than 100 countries strive to transform agriculture through breakthrough products and technologies that play a vital role in enabling the food chain to feed the world safely, sustainably and with respect for our planet. Swiss headquartered and Chinese-owned, the Group draws strength from its four business units – Syngenta Crop Protection headquartered in Switzerland, Syngenta Seeds headquartered in the United States, ADAMA headquartered in Israel, and Syngenta Group China – that provide industry-leading ways to serve customers everywhere.
Product Technology & Engineering (PT&E) is a global function that develops our customers physical experience with Syngenta Crop Protection product and works with Production and Supply to ensure that our products can be manufactured reliably with the optimum quality and cost. It includes functional expertise in packaging, analytical sciences, formulation, application and process engineering.
- To lead the Global PT&E data strategy development and implementation.
- Drive the recognition that data is a strategic asset for PT&E and provide the organisation with a solid data foundation to extract the full value from this asset.
- To design and develop the appropriate organisation, processes and tools within PT&E to optimise data capture, re-use and governance.
- To work with the PT&E key adjacent functions to agree and optimise our data governance and flows.
- Develops and implements the data strategy, guidelines and quality standards to enable PT&E to function efficiently and effectively both internally and with our key partners in the broader R&D, P&S and regulatory.
- Defines and leads the optimum data management organisation within PT&E as agreed with the PT&E leadership team and the broader R&D governance team to realise the full value of PT&E data.
- Reviews data generation, management, utilization and stewardship and how this can be optimized to deliver business outcomes and enable effective and agile decision-making.
- Identifies opportunities for how innovation to be optimised through more effective use and re-use of data.
- Works closely with the R&D Head Data Strategy & Management & RDIT to ensure alignment and to ensure that the data, tools and platform investments are focused on well-developed assumptions with a good value proposition
- Accountable for the data within the specific data domain meeting business needs & standards.
- Ensures the data and its utilization is compliant with relevant regulations, policies and standards
- Works with other Data Owners to resolve data issues and dissonance across R&D
- >5 years’ experience in designing and leading data strategies and management in a cross-functional corporate environment.
- A deep understanding of data management, governance principles and practice.
- Graduate or Postgraduate qualification in data-related subject matter, ideally in natural sciences.
- Ideally, understands how data are created and used by scientists, and the value of data to the enterprise.
- Broad knowledge of IT tools and technologies relating to data management and governance.
- Experienced in strategic leadership and operational delivery of strategic priorities.
- Experience of working effectively in a culturally diverse international matrix of stakeholders.
What We Offer
We foster a challenging, dynamic and supportive culture where people can thrive for excellence, build a rewarding career and achieve their full potential. With a diverse team across the globe, we contribute to valuable and impactful work that shapes agriculture of the future. Our IT and Digital team aspire to be the best in the industry.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits, including:
- Flexible work environment with head office in the city centre of Basel
- Annual bonuses
- A competitive pension fund plan
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies
- On campus health, fitness services and canteen
- Family-friendly initiatives
We offer a unique opportunity to work in the digital science transformation and innovation space and facing the challenges of sustainable food supply. We look forward for to your application.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Primary Location: CHE-Basel-BaselOther Locations: GBR-Berkshire-Bracknell, USA-North Carolina-GreensboroWork Locations: G06-Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen Bracknell RG42 6EYJob: R&D - Development