Syngenta Group is a leading sustainable agricultural innovation and technology company harnessing the diversity of our team and expertise in more than 100 countries to deliver the broadest range of products and services for the benefit of farmers, society and our planet.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture. At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet.
Our Business Sustainability team is currently seeking an Intelligence Manager to oversee global initiatives to create shared value from data on sustainable farm practices and outcomes.
In this role you will provide leadership on the use of data and analytics to improve Sustainable Business models and to increase customer value. This will include the development of fair go-to-market strategies to improve data collection, as well as the evaluation and communication of how practice adoption and innovation impacts agricultural productivity, resource conservation and rural prosperity.
- Develop and provide expertise and strategic leadership on the development of inclusive, value-sharing business models and go-to-market strategies to obtain sustainability data
- Support regional teams in designing measurement, reporting and verification approaches to link farmers to incentives for the adoption of sustainable farming practices, and scale successful models across regions
- Communicate sustainability data, infrastructure and analytics needs to Digital teams or 3rd party providers for solution development
- Develop and maintain partnerships with external organizations to scale sustainability data solutions and business models
- Lead projects to analyze sustainability data obtained from surveys, digital solutions or 3rd party providers to create insights and disclosure on trends in sustainable agriculture
- Work with internal stakeholders and external partners to evolve Syngenta’s thought leadership in open data and data ethics
- Report on progress on Syngenta’s Good Growth Plan commitments for crop productivity, carbon benefits, and lowest residues
- Develop and improve auditable performance indicators, processes, tools and targets, and provide assurance, including the use of available models to translate sustainability data into meaningful sustainability metrics
- Identify and implement means to increase the scientific rigor and cost-efficiency of data collection
- Master’s degree in business, economics, agriculture, environmental science or data science
- Knowledge of sustainable agriculture and food systems
- Knowledge of data science, statistical analysis and empirical research.
- Three years of experience in working with data and models
- Experience in agricultural sustainability metrics used in policy and food supply chains (e.g. Sustainable Development Goals, Cool Farm Tool, Field to Market, Farm Sustainability Assessment by SAI Platform, etc.)
- Experience in business development or digital product management would be an advantage
- On-the-ground experience in collecting farm data through surveys would be an advantage.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Project Management
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking)
- Problem-solving and comfortable to find solutions to uncertain, ambiguous and complex issues
- Agility to balance pragmatism and scientific rigor on case-by-case basis
- Ability to identify and execute tasks independently.
We offer a variety of financial and none-financial benefits including:
- Annual bonuses
- A competitive pension fund plan
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies
- On campus health and fitness services
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Exclusive reduction offers for employees
We look forward for to your application.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status
Primary Location: CHE-Basel-BaselJob: Business Sustainability - External Affairs