Salary to be negotiated
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
Forward Deployed Software Engineers (FDSEs) understand our customers’ greatest pain points and design end-to-end solutions to address them. FDSEs solicit constant feedback on their work from both customers and colleagues, improving our products over time with rapid iteration cycles.
FDSEs deploy ground breaking technical solutions to solve our customers’ hardest problems. Projects often start with a nebulous question like “Why are we losing customers?” or “How can we more effectively identify instances of money laundering?” FDSEs lead the way in developing a solution, from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. As an FDSE, you leverage everything around you: Palantir products, open source technologies[palantir.github.io], and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact.
You work with customers around the globe, where you gain rare insight into the world’s most important industries and institutions. We help our customers detect insider trading, improve disaster relief, fight healthcare fraud, and more. Each mission presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. You will work to accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes for our customers.
Technologies We Use
- Core Palantir products provide the foundations for our deployments.
- Custom applications built on top of core Palantir platforms.
- Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Spark for distributed data storage and parallel computing.
- Java and Groovy for our back-end applications and data integration tools.
- Typescript, React, Leaflet, and d3 for our web technologies.
- Python for data processing and analysis.
- Palantir cloud infrastructure based on AWS EC2 and S3.
- Impact: We take on meaningful and challenging projects that change the world for the better.
- Dedication: We see projects through from beginning to end in spite of obstacles we may encounter.
- Collaboration: We work internally with people from a variety of backgrounds — such as other FDSEs, product teams, and Deployment Strategists. We also work externally with our customers, often on site, to understand and solve their problems.
- Trust: We trust each other to effectively manage time and priorities—we don't micromanage. We want to give people the space to think for themselves.
- Growth: We push ourselves and our peers to improve themselves and the world around them.
- Learning: We often face entirely novel problems, where we need to pick up a lot of new information and learn how to use it to make progress.
What We Value
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Work with other Business Development team members to analyze and understand customer requests, and determine how they can be implemented within the product architecture. Under direct supervision: work onsite with our customers, building plugins and web applications, and prototyping solutions for our customers’ hardest problems; implement platform at specific customer sites; integrate new customer data into the product platform; and design and maintain the distributed database infrastructure to ensure reliability and performance. Travel required up to 75% of the time to domestic and international locations.
- Employer will accept Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics and preferred 1-4 years of work experience in engineering related occupation.
- Candidates will be required to complete a technical assessment.
Position also requires experience in each of the following:
- 1-4 years experience in Java (or other objected oriented language) and SQL.
- 1-4 years experience in implementing efficient algorithms in large-scale distributed environments.
- 1-4 years experience designing performant algorithms to drive real-time widgets on data in the terabyte scale.
- 1-4 years experience designing performant relational and key-value store databases, and writing queries.
- 1-4 years experience with version control system.
- 1-4 years experience with working on solving undefined and open-ended problems in various industries.