Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
For our R&D site in Münchwilen AG we are currently seeking an intern for the Process Data Science team for 6 months:
Software Developer in Process Data Science – 6 months internship
- As a software developer in Process Data Science you will assist our small team in the development and testing of software for the automation, control, and data capture of our laboratory equipment.
- You will utilize Docker to containerise applications for scalability in decentralized systems (concepts of containerization).
- Furthermore, you will work within the agile mindset and learn how to rapidly develop solutions.
- You will make use of GIT to document, investigate, and deploy code.
QualificationsWhat are we looking for:
- You have recently completed your study in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Technology, or similar.
- You have demonstrated your first project experience within personal programming worthwhile sharing.
- You are fluent in English, German is an advantage
- You are familiar with relational database systems (e.g. PostgreSQL) and have a base understanding of cloud services.
- A good understanding of using GIT for source control completes your interesting profile.
What we offer:
- Flextime working arrangements with flat hierarchies, an open culture and diverse workforce
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- According to your strengths and interests you can benefit from numerous development opportunities
- Our campus provides health-, food-, and parking services
- You will work at the interface of computer science, automation, and natural sciences in a dynamic R&D environment.
- We offer a position which contributes to valuable and impactful work in a stimulating and international environment #bringingplantpotentialtolife
Interested to be in the front wave of digital evolution? Join us now! We look forward to receiving your online application including all relevant documents (cover letter, CV, certificates) – reference number 18020461.
Please be aware that the job title may differ from the position title.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: CHE-Muenchwilen-Muenchwilen AGJob: Human Resources - General Management & Other