Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
Our employees reflect the diversity of our customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
Demand - As a D&A Delivery Lead in the Commercial domain, you will gather demand and support needed in the Commercial community, align requirements between global functions with regional needs and act as a Single Point Of Contact.
Supply /Deliver – responsible as Scrum team lead to deliver Data & Analytics products and services (like Data Marts /MIO’s, dashboards, analytics and data pipelines).
Resulting into D&A capabilities owned in the Commercial business domain or within IT (SmartMart, Data Science, API’s and front-end solutions) that are scalable in order to increase efficiency, drive new revenues, gain advantage over competitors and support business teams in making more informed and faster decisions.
- Engage with business, structural capturing and understand D&A demand, collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product. You enjoy taking a consultative role.
- Work with business PO to support business transformation from legacy D&A solutions into automated Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive decision support solutions.
- Act as SPOC for app architecture and the tactical operationalization across the Commercial solutions. Drives the business in maintaining business definitions and data lineage in our Data Catalog.
- Serve as the voice of the Business customer towards Development team /squads. Translate from technical to business, and vice versa and lead the daily stand-ups.
- Develop scope and define backlog items and divide the workload across the Agile development team.
- Solve product related problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business deliverable commitments.
- Understand end to end data management interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and models and how they impact D&A products.
- Develop a scalable delivery team of internal team members and external delivery partners to accelerate the go-to-market of our D&A services.
- Co-lead the D&A front-end tool strategy in the Commercial domain in both IT/Digital and Business.
- Identifies and help the client understand the D&A and IT business model, value and value proposition.
- Work with Chapter Lead to find the right people to fit the Commercial squad.
- Work with external collaborators to integrate their complementary capabilities into our D&A deliveries.
Experience / Previous jobs required for the job:
- Proven track record in successful managing D&A and/or Commercial delivery teams.
- Overall 5+ years of D&A management experience, at least 3 years of Commercial domain expertise and understands /have experience with the related Commercial solutions and DW like BW, SFDC, etc.
- Ability to manage supplier resources and handle escalations as needed.
- Experience in building and leading teams in an agile matrix organization.
- Working with different levels of the organization (business and IT)
- Demonstrated career experience in multiple domains (e.g. IT, Commercial, P&S, Finance, Consulting)
Critical knowledge and education required for the job:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in informatics, computer science, or related D&A fields with 5-10 years of relevant experience in D&A and Commercial areas.
- Multiple years of business or IT experience in Commercial domain.
- Experience in Cloud based ELT, Big Data tools, infrastructure, analytics and visualization
- Experience running Scrum/Agile development practice (ideally as product owner or scrum master).
Experiences to be gained in the job:
- Simplifying complex D&A matters with clear communication towards business stakeholders.
- Smart Mart /Data Modeling and Intuitive D&A solutions to assure that our Global D&A selling points are always met: Data Accessible, Insightful and Understandable via Platforms that are Always-on.
- Being able to select and steer a DevOps team to ensure all related activities (BA, ETL, Data engineering, Visualization) are efficiently executed within the team towards a common goal – sprint planning.
- Manage for constant increasing technology needs by developing organization, team and self. Lead the squad delivery team and create team spirit with a ‘can-do’ mentality.
- Communicate with impact and gains commitment of individuals and stakeholders in a compelling way
- Relationship building, collaboration and influencing will be key given data complexity, challenging data integration needs and dealing with both central and decentralized business stakeholders.
- Ability to prioritize a rapid growing D&A demand and deliver E2E Data & Analytics solutions and drive adoption across the company.
- Pro-actively shares best practice, ideas and insights across the team and utilizes the Agile Chapter structure to constructively inspire change towards a true DevOps operating model.
Functional/Technical Competencies (job function specific):
- Ability to analyze and simplify complex problems, articulate trade-offs for informed decision making.
- Excellence in network building, stakeholder management and influencing skills.
We offer a variety of financial and non-financial benefits, including:
- Flexible work environment with head office in the city center of Basel
- Annual bonuses
- A competitive pension fund plan
- Preferential conditions with insurance companies
- On campus health, fitness services and canteen
- Family-friendly initiatives
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: CHE-Basel-BaselJob: IS & Business Architecture - Data & Analytics