Careers that Change Lives
The Commercial Excellence Business Unit (BU) Partner is a senior, individual contributor position designed to partner the Business Unit EMEA Leader, to develop and implement a coordinated EMEA Commercialisation strategy, which supports and enhances the overall BU strategy. The commercialisation strategy would encompass all the relevant aspects of Commercial Excellence such as process & governance, customer relationship management, account segmentation, planning & targeting, territory alignment and all other key strategic initiatives to drive the execution of strategy.
This partnering role is expected to draw upon, and proactively bring together all aspects of the Commercial Excellence functionality (Commercial Operations, Commercial Training, and Pricing) plus other necessary resources to implement the optimum solution to drive growth and ensure success.
The position will ensure a single dedicated point of contact for the BU EMEA Leader and his/ her Leadership team. The individual needs a deep and professionally mature understanding of the inputs into the Commercialisation strategy such as markets, procedures and key growth drivers.
- Collaborates with the BU EMEA Leader to optimize the Go to Market (GTM) model in terms of the sales roles and sales channels (such as distribution/agents etc.) using information and tools available. Determines the most profitable and optimally designed distribution of available resources throughout the EMEA region. Deep dives into Sales efficiency and advises on the feasibility of Specialist roles.
- Advise and implement an appropriate segmentation and prioritization methodology for the Business Unit. That methodology would include the process to assess market potential as accurately as possible and to select Account prioritization based on the GTM strategy
- Lead territory design exercises through the optimum balance of sales potential, market share, geographical area and critical relationship factors
- Develop targeting and call planning scenarios, based on data driven decisions, to plan where the Sales Force should spend the majority of their time, and ensure targeting is optimized for focus campaigns and new product launches/sales initiatives
- Drives BU strategy through disciplined execution of all sales initiatives. Promotes and develops sales execution methodology to maximize return, measure and track all initiatives in a meaningful way that promotes continuous improvement. Ensures full usage of existing sales tools and suggests enhancements where appropriate. Drives the adoption and usage of Salesforce.com CRM as an integral Sales Enablement tool.
- Manages the overall sales performance of the BU by monitoring the execution of initiatives and the performance of individuals and teams. Defines the KPIs and information needed and implements all necessary governance to improve and reach fact based decisions. Instills discipline to the Country Leadership team.
- Uses all available inputs, especially those from sales performance, to understand the commercial training and development needs of the Business Unit. Defines the training plan for those individuals.
- Takes overall charge of the Incentives and Contests for that BU – in terms of designing and implementing the new Compensation plans, determining how compensation can drive strategy and reward genuine achievement.
- Engaging and highly persuasive personality with the Executive presence to lead by influence, both within the BU and with Commercial Excellence colleagues. Skilled at emotional and corporate intelligence. Willing to challenge current thinking and drive major change initiatives.
- Serves as an advocate for Commercial Excellence, with strong transformational skills
- Highly analytical with a “hands on” approach – ability to realize that to achieve goals means tackling all aspects of the job. Able to quantify financial impact of decisions and identifies key factors when making recommendations. Understanding of pricing and margin controls
- Collaborative, builds key networks and uses expert input to achieve goals. Ability to be proactive, act independently and courageously through times of ambiguity and change management
- Willingness to accept responsibility for results, even when working indirectly through others
- Proven ability to manage large and complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and multiple priorities - driving those projects to solutions and realization stage. Honed coordination and organizational skills – Project Management Qualifications preferable
- Strong ability to visualize, articulate, and solve complex problems and concepts, interpret large quantities of detailed data and make decisions and recommendations based on available information
- In depth, solid understanding of Company business strategy, growth plans, customer and Sales Organization needs and Healthcare markets as well as the Company’s value offerings
Profile & Experience
- Education: Business or Healthcare related (medical or scientific) degree or its equivalent
- Excellent Commercial Operations, Analytical and/or Sales Leadership experience in medical device or Healthcare industry is a prerequisite. Minimum of 8 years of management/leadership experience in health-care/device sales complete with people management responsibility
- Experience in People Management and proven track record and demonstration of management by influence
- Strong team player and track record of working collaboratively to manage cross-functional, cross-business issues and generate impact through others. Excels in a matrix structure Organization, is flexible and at ease in all cultural and management level situations
- Passionate about the business; knowledge and experience with Medtronic products is a plus
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future