- Planning and conductance of clinical studies applying diabetes technology
- Data analysis and statistics
- Contribution to the development of new control algorithms for automated delivery of insulin and other glucose-regulatory drugs within an interdisciplinary framework (clinicians and engineers).
- Write and submit grants and clinical research papers independently and prepare and give oral / poster presentations at international conferences
- Come up with original ideas and work towards proving them and ultimately getting them funded through the grant submission process
- Biomedical background (MD and/or PhD) with formal training in Medicine and knowledge about clinical management of diabetes
- Prior experience in clinical research (e.g. including legal, regulatory, and practical aspects of clinical trials) are highly desirable
- Ability to analyse data using statistical software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to conduct independent research, ability to work effectively in a team.
- Highly skilled and dedicated aiming for an independent academic career
This position offers a vibrant and highly interactive academic setting in a new state-of-the-art research facility, along with investigator and industry-sponsored funding, access to outstanding resources and technology platforms, strong computational sup-port from the facility, access to a large inpatient and outpatient diabetes population and a friendly, collaborative and interdisciplinary group of colleagues in both clinical and engineering sciences. The salary for this position aligns with the University Bern Postdoc Regulations.
As a leading university hospital with a rich tradition, the Inselspital is part of the Insel Group and is a centre of medical expertise and high technology with an international reputation as well as being a first-class training and research centre.
For further information, please contact
Research Administration Officer,
Phone +41 31 664 13 36