1plusX’s mission is to place marketing messages, where they have the most impact. We think pinpointed targeting is the key to online marketing success. That’s why we designed a platform to create data insights to make online business measurably more successful. 1plusX software ingests data and learns from it to make predictions on how customers and future customers behave online.
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Tech Lead Manager to join our team. Are you an energetic team player with a hands-on mentality and strong interpersonal skills? Do you love working in an international team in a start-up environment? Then we like to get to know you!
About the role
- At its core, you will work hands-on and code, do code reviews, and lead a small team (up to 4 direct reports)
- You design and lead efforts of our data ingestion and consolidation features, making sure that our platform is ready to handle huge amounts of data and in a privacy-compliant way
- You inspire and motivate the team to work together as a cohesive and productive unit
- Guide all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing and integration
- You work closely with engineering partners and stakeholders to drive organizational alignment
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer and ideally first team lead experience
- You are empathetic, interested to coach and mentor other colleagues and you are able to break down complex topics into simple words
- Experience with web-scale systems handling TBs of data with 100k+ qps at low latencies
- In-depth knowledge in Scala, Java, or C++ and Python, Bash or Perl
- Advanced knowledge of databases and messaging systems (e.g. Couchbase, Kafka)
- Advanced knowledge of modern architectural patterns e.g. REST, microservices, stream processing
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git) and cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- You communicate business fluent in English; any other language is an asset
- You thrive in a peer-driven engineering culture
- You recognize problems and help adapt to changing conditions
- You are a positive thinker and you are self-motivated
- You are enthusiastic about our products and the AdTech industry
What’s in it for you?
- At 1plusX, we highly value teamwork and we are honest, open, warm and direct with each other.
- We actively foster diversity and inclusion. Being a part of our growing team means that you will be supported and challenged because we all contribute together to our success.
- We promise that working with us is fun!
1plusX is an advanced data management and predictive marketing platform. Developed by two ex-Google directors, our solutions leverage the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning enabling digital businesses to unlock the full potential of their data. By connecting information pools across various digital channels and touchpoints, our platform recognizes patterns in user behavior. Within milliseconds, those are transformed into predictions and meaningful customer insights. This is how publishers and marketers can turn anonymous visitors into known audiences boosting the value of their marketing spend. Our international team based in Zurich, Hamburg, Paris, and Singapore is composed of over 30 talents from the international product and engineering scene.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We base our recruitment decisions on qualifications, skills, knowledge, experience and essential business requirements regardless of race, religion, color, gender identity, age, disability status or sexual orientation