In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Engineering Team in Lausanne.
The Data Engineering Team provides internal Data Science applications directly to our bioinformaticians and laboratory scientists, contributing to our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine.
As a Data Engineer, you will take part to the development and maintenance of data-centric systems in collaboration with the senior engineers of the DE Team. Such systems are crucial for several business activities performed by the Data Science department and have a direct impact on the productivity of its teams.
As a part of this role, you will interact with bioinformaticians and laboratory scientists to gather and transforms their requirements into efficient software components and services. Additionally, you will be involved in the design and development of data-centric workflows, which cover the generation and storage of genomic information as well as their integration with analytical and information systems.
- PhD in Information Systems, Computer Science or other Data Science related field or Master and equivalent working experience (4 years or more);
- Experience in the domain of Information Systems, data modelling or formal reasoning (e.g. formal languages, DSL languages, etc.);
- Good knowledge of database design and database operations skills;
- Solid knowledge of the algorithmic domain (e.g. analysis of time complexity, data structures);
- Knowledge of the domain of software engineering, especially for what concerns the design and implementation of information systems, their architectures and the management of software development lifecycles;
- Proficient in general purpose programming languages (Java, C++, Python, etc.) and in at least one scripting language used for statistical analysis (e.g. R, Matlab, etc.);
- Experience of development in *NIX environment;
- Rigorous reasoning capability;
- Full professional proficiency in English;
- Good writing and oral communication skills;
- Good teamwork and adaptively skills;
- A competitive compensation package;
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere;
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA;
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness;
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development;
- A hard-technical challenge to solve with rigorous reasoning and data modelling techniques;
- International and multicultural environment.
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: permanent full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.