- An exciting and varied position, the Associate will support the Investment Partners of Takeda Digital Ventures.
- Motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who works on own initiative with light supervision.
- Confident and positive, high-energy, cultured, capable of easily interacting with senior management.
- Flexible and willing to get involved in many different aspects of the business as required.
Assist with market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into deal flow database
- Network with peers in other venture capital firms
Assist with Due Diligence
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts
- Research and talk to existing references and customers of the target company
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Research and talk with technical/business consultants to evaluate the target company’s technology including IPs
- Conduct background checks on the current management of the target company
- Perform valuation analysis via modelling
- Help preparing internal investment memos
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS :
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving ability
- Roll-up sleeves mentality and entrepreneurial thinker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Another European language is a plus
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company, demonstrating humility and resiliency
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterpris
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and participates with others in change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Ability to effectively participate in TDV’s investment and partnership strategy
- Effectively represent Takeda with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to participate in partnerships with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Forward thinking with the ability to embrace organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Masters or PhD in a relevant field (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Digital Health industry, with experience in Product Design, Engineering or Business Development experience. (or)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the Digital Health industry, with experience in venture investing in relevant investments
- Ambition, an entrepreneurial mind and an ability to analyze business plans, research data, financial figures and market data to make sound business decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrates sound judgment and creativity to deal with complex issues and decisions. Ability to explore positions and alternatives to reach beneficial outcomes for all parties involved
- Ability to write and speak in the English language.
- Proven experience in learning from failure
- Self-starter - independent, yet a strong team player
- Business acumen- has a thorough understanding of, and can champion, the highest standards of good business practice.
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and in writing in a persuasive and appropriate manner, with deference to cross-cultural communications.
- Interpersonal – ability to work effectively and get along with others with diverse backgrounds.
- Team building- ability to work collaboratively in a team and encourage teamwork.
- Relationship Building Skills – ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and build trust with others to increase Takeda’s competitive advantage.
Job ID R0021842