The successful candidate will focus on developing and supporting the asset management data warehouse.
About our client
Our client is one of the leading insurance companies in Switzerland.
On behalf of our client, Swisslinx is currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer.
This is a 12 month contracting role until end of August 2012 initially based in Zurich.
- Enhancement and maintenance of the existing asset management DWH.
- Analyse business requirements and design solutions to improve the business processes and operational procedures.
- Leads the interface between business needs and technical execution
- Support with migration of asset management DWH to cloud.
- 3rd level support of the asset management DWH
- Various activities like development, deployment, maintenance of various environments or fixing defects
- Involvement in the full testing cycle, especially unit, regression, and UAT testing
- Creation of accurate and relevant documentation
- Practical work experience in financial markets (investment management/risk management) and products
- Min. 5 years' experience with Oracle 11g + database development (Oracle Functions, Procedures, Triggers, Packages, SQL, PL/SQL, performance tuning etc.)
- Understanding of data modelling concepts
- Good command of English (both verbal and written),
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication abilities
- Ability to work with global team
Nice to have
- Practical work experience with BlackRock Aladdin Analytics
- Practical work experience on the Azure cloud
- Understanding of BI tools (Tableau, Analysis Services, Business Objects or similar)
What’s on offer
- Work for an established Swiss company
- International, multi-cultural and young working environment
- Modern building, excellent canteen, gym on site
- Friendly colleagues
If you are a highly motivated, ambitious person, please apply via the portal or via the Swisslinx website. www.swisslinx.com With additional questions, please reach out to Katia Kosa.