Provide overall sales leadership at a regional level, ensuring alignment with Toradex Group goals and sales and marketing strategy, with systematic execution to deliver sustainable and profitable growth in your region according to the business plan. Manage the regional sales teams by recruiting, hiring, and mentoring talent as need.
The Heads of Sales / Sales Director reports to the Global VP of Sales or Group CEO and collaborates closely with General Managers who oversee day-to-day business operations of the branches within the responsible region while leading the regional sales and technical support teams.
The Heads of Sales / Sales Director occasionally works directly with Executive Management (Sales, Marketing, and Operations) to develop strategic plans and interfaces with Product Managers and Marketing Managers to provide regional market feedback.
Excellent managerial and leadership skills as well as technical industry knowledge are required. Approximately 25% travel will be need within the responsible region with occasional overseas travel.
Roles & Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities
- Overall accountability for execution of Toradex sales strategy in your region.
- Provide sales leadership and strategic direction to regional branch offices and its sales employees.
- Actively increase customer base to create a solid foundation for profitable and sustainable growth
- Deliver regional sales results in accordance with agreed policies and business plans, in particular net sales and gross margins.
- Define regional sales territories and ensure optimum coverage of those territories for sales and profit potential
- In conjunction with the Global VP of Sales and/or Group CEO, establish the sales channels to market by defining and executing the distribution strategy at regional and country level
- Appoint, educate and drive distributors throughout your region
- Responsible for delivering quarterly sales forecasts for your region
- Maintain personal relations to regional Key Accounts as well as significant customers across in target industries and markets
- Provide structured customer feedback on the target markets to product management and executives on new and existing products, ensure feedback loop to management
- Support development and execution of strong regional solutions engineering and technical support teams
- Execute sales and marketing budgets according to agreed regional strategy and priorities
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure effective local activities and webinars are conducted across the region within agreed budgets and priorities
- Plan and coordinate regional marketing activities incl. trade shows according to agreed strategy and budget
- Facilitate regular sales training to maintain and develop sales employees’ skills set, commercial awareness and product knowledge
- Track all key sales and marketing activities and metrics using the Toradex’ CRM tool
- Ensure consistent usage of Toradex’ CRM for all Sales employees
- Act in accordance with company culture, embody company vision and values, lead by example
- Use regular formal and informal communications channels to motivate, guide and keep employees informed at all levels
- Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions in your area of responsibility
- Work with others across the company to ensure integration and completion of work against expectations
- Take action to reduce costs that are focused on creating greater efficiencies, leverage economies of scale or increase resource quality in your department or business unit
- Manage projects against a plan and objectives to ensure commitments are met.
- Recruit, train, integrate and coach new employees as required
Desired Candidate Profile
Desired Sales Skills
- Passionate about turning a customer’s idea into a real product with the help of Toradex’ s products
- Strong focus on consultative selling: creating value and trust with the prospect and exploring their needs prior to proposing suitable solutions
- Proven ability to work with customers at all levels, from engineering to management and executive
- Understanding and identifying areas of potential risks in a project, such a missing or ambiguous requirements, and helping to minimize or eliminate such risks through pro-active communication and problem solving
- Ability to capture and systematically document customer requirements for review with application engineers and development teams
- Project management skills: ability to systematically plan, track, execute and record
- High-integrity, self-driven team player and thorough professional
- Fluent German (C1) and English (B2) language skills in reading / writing / speaking / presenting
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience with Arm computer systems
- Ability to provide technical product demonstrations
- Basic software and hardware troubleshooting skills
- Broad experience with requirements analysis & system-level design
- Comprehension of computer hardware fundamentals and component datasheets
- Familiarity with industrial interfaces such as I2C/SPI/UART/CAN/USB/SDIO/Ethernet/etc.
- Experience with embedded operating systems such as Embedded Linux, QNX or other OS
What we are offering
- Interesting and challenging area of responsibility
- Modern workspace and exciting tasks
- flexible working hours and partial home office (max two days a week)
- Attractive employment conditions and the possibilty to grow and develop as an employee