Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating unforgettable experiences - from city breaks, hotels and holidays to theatre and spa days. lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, a publicly-traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Each month, our websites and mobile apps (available in 17 languages and 40 countries) reach 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences.
More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to providing our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel-related products and services
We are a travel company, with the tech at its core, currently looking for motivated problem-solvers who will embrace the end-to-end responsibility of building,delivering and evolving relevant products.
As senior software engineer in lastminute.com, you will work in our Product Engineering team and directly impact the lives of a global population of travellers. You will be involved in building and developing our own scalable and resilient platforms to support an ever growing number of customers.
From the first day with us, you’ll experience to work in a company with “growing-sharing culture” with a lot of opportunities to improve existing products, bring new ideas to life and learn.
While reading key responsibilities of the role, please consider that we value your experience and skills, but also your passion to discover, learn and share new ideas!
- Designing, writing and testing clean code using design patterns
- Creating resilient, secure and performant applications able to serve millions of requests per day
- Contributing in simplifying and improving the infrastructure, always focusing on CI/CD
- Sharing and expanding your technical and domain knowledge by interacting with your peers and attending trainings and conferences
- Interacting with all stakeholders finding solutions for company evolutions
- Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects
- Contributing in the R&D of the company stack, proposing effective solutions
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer developing with Java or Kotlin
- Problem solving capabilities
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Willingness to work in a team
- Growth mindset
- Product orientation
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- previous working experience in startup or product company
What we offer
- Possibility to work in an international agile environment using eXtreme Programming practices
- Bleeding edge technology stack (Java and Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes and more ...)
- Continuous learning program with technical internals sessions
- Access to online learning platform like O’Reilly and Linkedin learning
- Possibility to join conferences around Europe for continuous improvement
- Coding Dojo: a weekly training to learn and share coding techniques during office hours
- LM-Talks: our very own knowledge sharing internal sessions
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working: up to 2 days per week
- Possibility to join the Erasmus program (temporary relocation among our offices in other countries)
- Complimentary fruit, beverages, coffees and a dedicated lounge area
- Employee discounts on our travel products and offers from external partners
- Team building events and office parties in summer and winter