Syngenta is leading science-based agtech company; dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture.
In the research chemistry department at Syngenta, we are committed to designing safe, sustainable and effective solutions for the world’s farmers. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented chemist to join our research chemistry team in Stein, Switzerland, which develops new active ingredients for crop protection. Join us at the cutting edge of science and innovation, where your growth is our priority. At Syngenta, our work matters; we are looking for the talents of today and tomorrow.
In the position, you will engage in:
- Design of molecules that drive rational and efficient progress towards achieving the right balance of properties to deliver safe and sustainable products
- Optimizing synthesis programs that deliver designed target molecules in the most efficient manner, utilizing the right balance of available technologies
- Identifying, developing and implementing new enabling technologies and digital approaches that enhance our ability to deliver business impact
- Leading, developing and empowering a team of scientists to drive projects and feed our culture of innovation and growth
- Collaboration with colleagues within and across functions to identify and act on synergies that drive projects forward
- Active participation in the broader scientific community through literature excellence and conference participation
- Continuous improvement in all aspects of your working environment
- Supporting and promoting diversity as a critical asset for success
- Driving continuous improvement in the areas of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE), maintaining a high standard of excellence while joining us in redefining HSE and sustainability in our industry
- PhD in organic chemistry or related discipline; post-doctoral experience is highly valued
- In-depth knowledge of modern organic chemistry, with competency in the skills and techniques surrounding small-molecule synthesis
- Good oral and written communication skills that will enable cross-functional engagement in the English language
- We welcome candidates with ca. 2 – 5 years of industrial experience. From such candidates, we expect a digital-first mindset and advanced skills in working with complex data sets
We strive to bring in the brightest talents, and we are committed to diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Here are some traits we are looking for:
- You are energized by state-of-the-art science and associated technologies, and you are excited to contribute to driving the industry into the future with a digital-first mindset
- We highly value creativity, curiosity, skills in analysis of complex data sets, strong decision-making skills, and a drive to continue learning
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You are a collaborative and communicative team player who welcomes different perspectives
- You will foster an environment celebrating diversity, integrity and openness
- You are excited to grow co-workers towards their potential
- You will bring a positive and resilient mindset, and are flexible and adaptable in changing environments
Our research center in Stein is a world-class scientific facility that will empower you to apply your scientific skills to address the challenge of sustainably feeding a global population. Our people are our priority: we support effective work-life balance, and we invest in your development through a multi-year induction program designed to lay a strong foundation for an enriching career.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Primärer Standort: CHE-Stein-Stein AGTätigkeit: R&D - Research