Why you’ll love Quantis
Quantisians are agents of change, working to build a sustainable future. We guide top organizations to define, shape and implement intelligent environmental sustainability solutions. You’d be part of a dynamic team of ‘creative geeks’ that takes the latest science and makes it actionable. We do that by delivering resilient strategies, robust metrics, useful tools, and credible communications to a diverse set of companies, brands, and public and private organizations. The exciting part about being in a consulting group is that you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a multitude of game-changing sustainability topics and solutions. The bonus is you’ll work with the world’s top sustainability experts and leaders in the Quantis ecosystem of colleagues and partners.
Together, we form a dynamic team of 130+ talents that cultivate a special team spirit that is both purpose-driven and empowering. Our group is truly different. Curious? Our talents give you the inside scoop.
Learn more about Quantis and our Mission.
Discover all Quantis opportunities
We truly believe that scientific, metrics-based approach is the most solid one in helping our clients on their journey towards sustainable business operations. In order to be able to support our clients on their journey we need to continuously strengthen our expertise and our team.
Does this describe you and your next role?
As a Sustainability Consultant on our Zurich team, you will deliver high quality metrics-based consulting services to our clients. You have strong technical skills, intellectual and business curiosity, and ability to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable way to our clients. You are eager to learn new things and continue developing your skills in order to help Quantis and our clients on our mission.
- You are motivated to put your consulting and analysis skills to work towards our mission of building a sustainable future.
- You’re a well organized person who can prioritize tasks well.
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You’re a team player that works quickly, independently and on schedule.
- You have demonstrated high levels of determination in managing complex analytical challenges.
- You can step up in front of an audience and present clearly even complex topics.
- You have the ability and affinity for supporting and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You have a Master’s degree or a PhD in engineering, environmental science or similar discipline
- You’re fluent in both English and German, knowledge of French is a big plus
- For 1-3 years you have been performing, managing, interpreting and communicating on results and sustainability topics, preferably in consulting industry and/or academic context.
- You have a strong knowledge of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA).
- You are experienced in an LCA software tool, e.g. SimaPro, GaBi, OpenLCA, etc.
- You can collect, process, manage and interpret data, to communicate the results to people with varying degrees of sustainability knowledge
- You have a thorough understanding of sustainability topics, services, market needs relevant to Quantis
You will be a preferred candidate with some of the following skills and experience
- Scientific programming: knowledge of Python, Matlab, ArcGIS and willingness to keep developing skills in this area
- Experience with and ability to handle and process GIS data
- Experience with sustainability issues in the food sector (agriculture, food production, etc.) and/or textiles sectors (production and processing of fibers and textiles)
- Knowledge of non-environmental sustainability topics (social and governance)
- Formal training in project management
- Experience with and/or education in business and sales; direct communication with clients
As a Sustainability Consultant, here’s a preview of the type of work your days will include:
- Working on projects in the Swiss-German speaking market as well as on projects from all over the world in collaboration with Quantisians from other offices (Berlin, Boston, Milan, Paris and Lausanne)
- Performing product LCAs in SimaPro of various products and systems including complex novel technologies
- Calculating corporate carbon footprints, including advanced scope 3 models
- Collecting, processing, and managing client data
- Creating user-friendly MS Excel tools with models in the background
- Writing reports and creating presentations of results in clear and easily understandable manner
- Supporting/managing clients interactions, such as project meetings/calls, etc.
- Taking an active role in the management of projects
- Actively contributing to various emerging sustainability topics growing within our Innovation Hub – help the science to become offering for our clients!
Other responsibilities could include:
- Supporting of business development activities: understanding your clients needs and coming up with new ideas to help with the business development, contribution to project proposals when needed
- Provide helping hand in day-to-day operations of the company: operations, knowledge management, talent projects, supporting the vision and mission, etc.
To thrive in the Quantis culture, you’ll:
- Show up as team collaborator with a win-win attitude: empathetic, attentive and supportive of colleagues.
- Take responsibility and ownership for your work: think and act with autonomy, while knowing when to ask for help.
- Take initiative if something needs to be done.
- Be positive! Use positive language, look at challenges not as bottlenecks, but as problems to solve, and see failure as a lesson learned.
- Practice open and transparent communication; welcome effective dialogue and productive disagreement with minimal tension.
- Self-Manage: be in the driver’s seat of your professional growth and ambitions all the while valuing the learning journey and opportunities within Quantis.
Quantis has a unique, fluid structure nurtured by our Quantis Spirit and our way of collaborating. Learn more about our culture in this GreenBiz interview with our former CEO.
Some logistics to consider
- Location: Zurich
- Job type: Full-time contract
- Optimal start date: As soon as possible
- Periodic collaboration with other Quantis branches (Lausanne, Zürich, Boston/Portland, Berlin, and Milan) via web-conferences, in English
- Ability to travel, primarily in Switzerland, and at times Europe
Quantis offers a positive work environment, competitive salaries, a wide range of benefits, as well as generous and flexible vacation time. Salary will be determined based on level of experience and potential for contribution to the organization’s success.
View our “Quantis has talent!” video to learn about what makes Quantis an exceptional place to work and develop.
To apply for this position click here, you will then be redirected to our online application system to upload your CV and answer 10 questions