Takeda is an industry-leading, global pharmaceutical company with an unwavering dedication to putting patients at the center of everything we do. We live our values of Takeda-ism – Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance – and are united by our mission to strive towards Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Here, everyone matters, and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. At Takeda, you will make an impact on people’s lives – including your own.
As Local Data Scientist within the Manufacturing Science department you will be responsible to find innovative ways to serve patients
- As Local Data Scientist you will report directly to the Digital & Data Scientist Lead and be responsible for driving the local execution and implementation of Global Manufacturing Science (GMS) Data Science strategy and initiatives.
- The role responsibility gathering and identifying local data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with local team, IT, Engineering, Quality and global GMS data science.
- This role also provides the local link between local and global GSM data science, local functions, Quality, IT, Engineering in the respective Operational Business Unit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives the execution for local implementation of GMS data science roadmap initiatives.
- Owns, manages and drives local data science initiatives according to prioritization (e.g. Predictive Maintenance, Down Time Analysis, Yield Improvement etc.). Manages the respective functional and cross-functional interdependencies accordingly.
- Manages and drives local process monitoring and improvement in collaboration with global GMS data science (e.g. descriptive statistics and visualization, statistical process control, out-of-the-box-tools) and Operational Excellence team.
- Manages, drives and executes respective reporting in collaboration with global GMS data science (e.g. automated daily/monthly/annual).
- Drives necessary local trainings.
- Master in Engineering, Mathematics, IT, Economics or Physics with focus on Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation
- 2+ years work experience in data analysis related position or equivalent academic experience/course record
- Hands-on experience in applying and executing Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Big Data and Digital with respective programming knowledge
- Respective programming knowledge in Python/R/C is required. Further programming experience, a plus
- Proficiency in database languages (SQL), understanding of data models and databases
- Demonstrated contribution or interest to ethics of Artificial Intelligence
- Fluent in English
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.