Experienced hands on cloud architect/developer with excellent software engineering skills who is motivated to work in a local drone startup. Responsibilities include the design and development of a cloud architecture for a drone-based home security system. You will work with backend and firmware engineers in the development of data storage and retrieval schemas, remote system access and authentication, and cloud data processing and analysis.
- Architect complete data storage and retrieval schemas in the cloud for real-time data and video
- Implement remote access solutions with strong encryption and authentication
- Implement data proxy solutions
- Responsible for encryption and authentication
- Work on Amazon AWS and Google Cloud
- Design serverless/microservice architectures
- Write unit test procedures, run tests, and evaluate test results using jest, mocha, etc.
- Design and develop testing tools
- Formulate requirements, design descriptions, and test procedures
- Work hands-on with firmware and backend engineers to integrate system components
- Experience with Amazon AWS and Google Cloud
- A strong understanding of system security, encryption, and authentication
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases, like Mongodb, Dynamodb, Firebase, etc.
- Experience with back-end technologies for web applications/APIs.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control, continuous integration, testing, and change management).
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with video storage a relay is a plus
- Good oral and written skills in English
- Minimum M.S. in computer science or related engineering field
- 3+ years of experience preferred but not a must
- Work permit in Switzerland required