The Regional Sales Manager, Cable Europe is responsible for selling Harmonic’s Cable Access solution portfolio in the Southern European region and for building the regional and local GTM strategies. This involves developing and maintaining relationships with senior level business and technical executives and showing them the benefits of deploying multi-gigabit services with the CableOS solution across Tier 1, 2 and 3 accounts. The role reports to the Europe Cable Sales team.
This is a complex solution sale and relationship management position that requires understanding customer's business and technology environment. Responsibilities include:
- Manage and develop market leadership in the region
- Develop a direct relationship with major accounts
- Manage and develop the direct sales strategy aligned to the Harmonic Go-To-Market model and strategy
- Develop and implement long term customer account plans and short/medium term opportunity plans in support of company goals and quota objectives
- Qualifying and closing new cable opportunities with strategic key accounts in the given territory
- Primary Point of Contact responsible for overall customer relationship
- Penetrating strategic key accounts and growing long-term successful relationships
- Align and prioritize efforts based on company’s target initiatives to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction for target account(s)
- Builds and maintains knowledge base of Harmonic’s cable access solution and services to adequately support the assigned market sector(s)
- Understand, articulate and document the business and technical needs of the assigned major account(s)
- Effectively and appropriately engage sales resources – technical pre-sales, product management, program management, partners, executive team and legal – and coordinate internal and external participation in tactical and strategies initiatives
- Meet or exceed sales quota
- Respond to RFI/RFPs, creating proposals, developing ROI and TCO analysis
- Demonstrate excellent and effective communication skills
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry news and trends, products, services, and competitors
- Represent Harmonic and promotes positive image and brand during relevant industry events
- Achieve & exceed the agreed sales and profit targets for the Harmonic’s business within the defined customer and/or territory.
- Develop and maintain account plans to ensure clear actions are agreed to achieve set targets.
- Identify opportunities and submit for qualification.
- Ensure that qualified opportunities are developed
- Ensure that bids and/or proposals are delivered for qualified opportunities
- Close the sale with a signed contract/order including support
- Maintain and keep updated sales pipeline/forecast tools.
- Regular activity report as agreed with appropriate management.
- Own the on-going commercial relationship between Harmonic and identified customers.
- Build effective relationship & networks at all levels within the customer organisation to achieve high level of intelligence and planning.
- Organise time and tasks to optimise number of visits to the customer.
- Implementing the sales strategy in the defined market.
- Develop sales to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets.
- Provide customer feedback into the organisation in an organised manner
- Support the sales management in defining the midrange (1-3 years) performance outlook
- Develop relationship with key end-user influencers and consultants to maximize sales.
- Understand and keep updated with the relevant Harmonic product and solutions offerings.
- Negotiate contractual and commercial terms & conditions.
- Support local event and tradeshows
- Qualifying bids and pricing requests, clearly communicating this to marketing.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of sales and profit budget
- Net sales to identified accounts
- Number of key qualified projects identified and delivered
- Number of end-user and/or channel partner engagements
- Forecasting accuracy
- Funnel growth and development
Qualifications and Experience required
- Representing and embodying the sales organizations values of: Individual Leadershipwith accountability, commitment to goals and ability to mobilize for success; Customer Advocacy with the ability to listen to the customer to gain insight and then orchestrate solutions; Team Representation with the ability to lead, collaborate and then accelerate the team to success
- Demonstrable experience in a regional sales management role acquired in the cable access market
- Understanding of and ability to succinctly articulate the current strategic needs of Harmonic’s customers in the nominated accounts
- Significant market contacts, technical knowledge and experience selling cable access solutions with target account(s)
- Proven background in developing relationships with key decision makers and influencers
- Experience in closing large technology deals
- Proven track record and comprehension of the latest principles, methods and processes for demonstrating, promoting, and selling products and services in target market sectors
- Knowledge of practical applications and relevant engineering technologies including principles, techniques, procedures, and competitive benefits of Harmonic’s cable access products and solutions
- Knowledge of strategic value proposition required to offer solutions and support geared toward substantive customer satisfaction levels.
- Influence and Negotiation
- Business Acumen & Business Analytics: Pipeline/forecast management and ability to articulate business case
- Cable Access knowledge and proven sales experience
- Verbal: Must have executive presence and clear communication skills (internal/external)
- Persuasion: Capability of persuading others to accept product/solution concepts that may differ from their initial perspectives
- Judgment and Decision Making: Mitigate Harmonic’s risk, manage expenses, comprehension of the relative liabilities and benefits of potential actions, analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Consultative Sales: Must exhibit ability to effectively comprehend, analyze, and resolve sales situations within the construct of the typical and newly developed strategic accounts
- Language: English language plus any other language in the target region
- Interpersonal Skills: Must demonstrate a high EQ and have the ability to maintain constructive, assertive, collaborative and cooperative working relationships with peers and cross functional organizations
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge: Must keep up-to-date with technical, operational, and commercial aspects of Harmonic’s products, services and solutions and knowledge of external best in class marketing solutions and approaches
- Creativity: Develop creative tactical sales positioning and solution selling methods to suit demanding sales situations
- Software Tool and Programs: Use of Harmonic’s standardized applications to optimize the execution of deliverables
- BS / BA. MBA desired. A minimum of 7 years of related experience within the market sectors and accounts targeted required
- Enthusiasm, ability and willingness to travel extensively to work on challenging client opportunities