Alpiq Business IT is part of Alpiq Digital & Commerce and provides various services, including the development of new business critical applications.
Become part of the team that is building the new Alpiq data platform to service the intraday trading eco system!
We are looking for a dynamic Senior Data Engineer in the context of an ambitious data platform project. You will be part of a newly built scrum team that delivers a data acquisition, data cleaning, automated trading and decision making platform in the area of energy trading and real time management of decentralized assets.
Implementation of new requirements in the area of Data Management Solutions especially:
- Involved in the evaluation of Data Technologies
- Integration of external and internal data sources
- Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Involvement with CI/CD platforms and deployment patterns (Jenkins, Unit Testing, Integration Testing)
- Implementation of batch and streaming based solutions
- Automate and schedule data processes
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Build tested pipelines that ensure functional accuracy
- Build operational pipelines that can be monitored and validated during execution
- Develop REST APIs to facilitate data capture and reporting
The following qualifications are expected:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Experienced with agile development methods
- Experience with Kinesis or Kafka are a plus
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies - and how to apply them in business
- Experience with non-relation and relational databases (SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Redshift)
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns
- Knowledge in trading and/or electrical engineering is an advantage
- Exposure to Apache Spark/Apache Flink
- Personality: analytical, quality- and result orientated, communicative team player
- Languages: advanced level English (spoken and written) and good German or French
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a software developer in either Java (Spring Boot), Python and/or Angular
We offer you modern terms of employment and an interesting and multifaceted area of responsibility in an exciting, dynamic environment. Have we sparked your interest? Then please apply using our job application portal. Alpiq stands for equal employment opportunities. Designations of persons and functions apply to all sexes. Applicants from recruitment agencies can only be considered upon prior arrangement by telephone.
Alpiq Holding Ltd is a Swiss energy company operating throughout Europe. Its activities include the generation and supply of electricity, energy trading and energy management. Alpiq Ltd. is a subsidiary