DISZIPLIN Life Sciences,
VERÖFFENTLICHT May 15, 2020
For our customer, a leading international pharmaceutical company based in Basel, we are looking for a motivated personality in the function of
Computational Scientist - pharmaceutical drug development
In this role you will apply your modeling and simulation expertise to drug product development of small molecules. You are responsible to support the process development at lab scale and the scale-up to the pilot and commercial scale. You will work in interdisciplinary project teams with experimentalists and modeling experts. You implement models or apply existing modeling tools to formulation unit operations for small molecules. Additionally, you will contribute to modeling tool evaluations to have state of the art tools available to enhance our process and formulation development.
- Applying in-house and commercial simulation tools to formulation processes including granulation, blending, tableting among others
- Developing numerical modeling and simulation tools with rigorous validation of the models
- Delivering high quality data within defined timelines and aligned to current industry expectations
- Completing process sensitivity analysis, for example digital design of experiments, and rapid root cause analysis and summarise results in a technical report
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate state of the art modeling tools and develop new solutions
- Master, PhD in Chemical Engineering, Physics, Material Science, Computational Science or similar
- Good understanding of mass, momentum and heat transport phenomena
- Experience in modeling and simulation of processes and statistics
- Python programming knowledge and practical experience in implementing models from literature.
- Comfortable working under Linux environment and application oriented experience with HPC frameworks.
- Of advantage are experience with modeling of solids (e.g. powders, granules),pharmaceutical formulations, gProms, data science, dashboarding tools, discrete element methods (e.g. LIGGGHTS) or computational fluid dynamics (e.g. OpenFOAM), specifically rotating turbulent flows and Euler-Lagrange simulations. Shell scripting experience under Linux.
- Fluent in English oral and written
Our customer offers
- Be part of a leading international pharmaceutical company
- You will work with cutting edge technologies, in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
- Learn from the best
Please apply online.
We connect people to jobs in ways that enrich lives. Kelly Services® is a leading global provider of human resources solutions, operating in over 40 countries. Together with its subsidiaries, Kelly offers a wide range of outsourcing and consulting services; temporary, permanent and management positions as well as flexible forms of employment at all hierarchy levels. Kelly Services (Schweiz) AG has been present in Switzerland since 1979 and counts more than 200 employees in over 40 Talent Offices and Centers.