- A permanent contract with the leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting
- A multi-stage model with career opportunities through specialization prospects with over 250'000 consultants around the world and a Group revenue (Altran/CapGemini) of EUR. 17 Bn, the Altran Group is the undisputed global leader in Engineering and R&D services (ER&D)
In Switzerland, Altran employs more than 400 consultants and aims towards large growth with offices located in Zürich, Basel, Lausanne and Geneva.
In the computational scientist role, you will apply your modelling and simulation expertise to drug product development of small molecules. You are responsible to support the process development at lab scale and the scale-up to the pilot and commercial scale. You will work in interdisciplinary project teams with experimentalists and modelling experts. You implement models or apply existing modelling tools to formulation unit operations for small molecules. Additionally, you will contribute to modelling tool evaluations to have state of the art tools available to enhance our process and formulation development.
- Applying in-house and commercial simulation tools to formulation processes including granulation, blending, tableting among others.
- Developing numerical modelling and simulation tools with rigorous validation of the models.
- Delivering high quality data within defined timelines and aligned to current industry expectations.
- Completing process sensitivity analysis, for example digital design of experiments and rapid root cause analysis and summarize results in a technical report.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate state of the art modelling tools and develop new solutions.
- BSc or Master mechanical or chemical engineering, physics, material science or similar discipline
- Fluent English oral and written
- Good understanding of mass, momentum and heat transport phenomena
- Experience in modelling and simulation of processes and statistics
- Python programming knowledge and practical experience in implementing models from literature.
- Comfortable working under Linux environment and application oriented experience with HPC frameworks.
- Of advantage are experience with modelling of solids (e.g. powders, granules), pharmaceutical formulations, gProms, data science, dashboarding tools, discrete element methods (e.g. LIGGGHTS) or computational fluid dynamics (e.g. OpenFOAM), specifically rotating turbulent flows and Euler-Lagrange simulations. Shell scripting experience under Linux