DISZIPLIN IT / Softwareentwicklung, Life Sciences, Ingenieurwesen,
VERÖFFENTLICHT May 12, 2020
For our customer, a leading international pharmaceutical company based in Basel, we are looking for a motivated personality in the function of
Computational Scientist (m/f)
- Applying in-house and commercial simulation tools to formulation processes including granulation, blending, tableting among others.
- Developing numerical modeling and simulation tools with rigorous validation of the models.
- Delivering high quality data within defined timelines and aligned to current industry expectations.
- Completing process sensitivity analysis, for example digital design of experiments, and rapid root cause analysis and summarize results in a technical report.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to evaluate state of the art modeling tools and develop new solutions.
- BSc or Master mechanical or chemical engineering, physics, material science or similar discipline
- Fluent English oral and written
- Good understanding of mass, momentum and heat transport phenomena
- Experience in modeling and simulation of processes and statistics
- Python programming knowledge and practical experience in implementing models from literature.
- Comfortable working under Linux environment and application oriented experience with HPC frameworks.
- Of advantage are experience with modeling of solids (e.g. powders, granules), pharmaceutical formulations, gProms, data science, dashboarding tools, discrete element methods (e.g. LIGGGHTS) or computational fluid dynamics (e.g. OpenFOAM), specifically rotating turbulent flows and Euler-Lagrange simulations. Shell scripting experience under Linux.
Work Place: Basel
Start Date: July 2020
Assignement Duration: two years
Please apply online. For further information about the position, please contact your Kelly recruiter, Mrs Insa Voss (+41 61 270 80 07).
We connect people to jobs in ways that enrich lives. Kelly Services® is a leading global provider of human resources solutions, operating in over 40 countries. Together with its subsidiaries, Kelly offers a wide range of outsourcing and consulting services; temporary, permanent and management positions as well as flexible forms of employment at all hierarchy levels. Kelly Services (Schweiz) AG has been present in Switzerland since 1979 and counts more than 200 employees in over 40 Talent Offices and Centers.
Kelly Services Switzerland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.