This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital – a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop and enhance AXIS portfolio modelling, presentation & visualization capabilities and provide support to AXIS Group and Legal Entity risk frameworks as required.
Key duties include the following, and which can be calibrated and refined around the skills of the successful candidate:
- Build, maintain, and refine complex dependency structures and/or event-based models covering the full product range of the AXIS reinsurance segment
- Work collaboratively with underwriters and pricing & risk management actuaries to:
- ensure models are fit for purpose and adequately governed, documented and validated
- monitor and refine all aspects of capital modelling & accumulation management
- Take a lead role in developing market leading graphical visualizations & dashboards of complex actuarial data analysis using Power-point, Tableau, ad-hoc code or other tools.
Other duties include:
- Develop market intelligence to enable effective Executive and Underwriting Management risk monitoring.
- Provide insight into data capture that will enable continuous model and enterprise risk management development.
- Research and development – keep up to date with emerging practices and issues, within the actuarial field and across the reinsurance industry.
- Assist with regulatory filings, other risk processes and the risk framework development.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Ideally a qualified actuary with at least 5 years of (re)insurance experience. However, non-actuaries with sophisticated data management/visualization skills & interest are welcome to apply.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills are essential as is the capacity to work well with others including senior underwriters and management.
- Ability to develop innovative, pragmatic solutions to challenging projects.
- Prior experience with capital modelling tools is helpful (Metarisk, Remetrica, Igloo, Tyche)
- Swiss / EU citizenship or existing legal right to work in Switzerland.