To strengthen the Commercial Department in Zug (Switzerland), we are searching for a qualified
Head – Tender, Contracts and Insights Management (f/m/d)
At Bavarian Nordic we work to develop innovative and safe vaccines to treat and prevent cancer and infectious diseases. Our aim is to improve health and quality of life for children and adults around the world. We hope that you will share this mission with us.
With our recent acquisition of two established commercial vaccines and the FDA-approval of our smallpox vaccine, we have embarked upon a truly transformative journey to be recognized as a leader in providing innovative and safe vaccines; from state-of-the-art science and research, to the manufacturing and commercialization of products in multiple markets across the globe. Tendering and Contracting is one of the key sales channels for vaccines and a critical and strategic capability for the future of Bavarian Nordic.
Reporting to the VP, Commercial Operations, the Global Tender and Insights Lead will have the unique opportunity to create, develop and lead the Tender & Contracting (T&C) Business globally for Bavarian Nordic. In this position you will lead the development and execution of the global T&C strategy and framework. In addition, this role will manage the Insights projects consisting of various primary and secondary market research projects as well as the competitive intelligence projects.
Tender & Contracting Role
You will be able to develop, implement and roll out the Global Tenders Process as well as the Global Tender Tools across markets and functions to ensure best possible alignment and results. In close collaboration with Marketing & Commercial you will define a tender differentiation approach and instruments to enable us to bid beyond just price.
In this position you will implement and coordinate cross-functional collaboration by working closely with different functions such as Country Management, Sales, Marketing, Supply, Finance, Legal and IT making sure that the T&C business aligns with other teams and processes.
You will work closely with our country/regional organizations and support and advise them in the preparation and execution of their most relevant bids and contract negotiations.
Tender & Contracting Responsibilities
- Define and implement the T&C vision and strategy for the existing and new portfolio globally, with a focus on most relevant markets.
- Implement T&C Milestone plan including tender roadmap, T&C processes including roles and responsibilities, Business & Prioritization rules as well as systems and data.
- Build and implement an end-to-end Tender & Contracting process
- Build clear and measurable objectives and KPI’s. Measure performance, progress & impact and report progress and results to Senior Management.
- Ensure visibility of upcoming tender opportunities for the complete portfolio in order to ensure pro-active and strategic tender management and early involvement of all supporting functions.
- Provide advice and hands-on support to defined markets/regions for the most relevant upcoming tender & contracting opportunities.
- Selectively execute tenders in markets with no Bavarian Nordic presence yet
- Building a model for 3rd party markets and provide support for relevant opportunities
- Work closely with the Supply & Manufacturing functions to ensure reliable supply planning and allocation
- Building and implementing a strategy to bid beyond price and to differentiate our portfolio and services.
- Evaluate feasibility and appropriate usage of tools & data in relation to Tender & Contracting
- Lead and coordinate the T&C business across all involved functions such as Sales, Marketing, Supply, Legal, Finance and IT as required.
- Aligns T&C Business with S&OP, Budgeting and Forecasting process
This aspect of the role provides high quality insights on the patient experience, market environment and brand perception in a variety of markets. The insights will be based on primary and secondary market research, publicly available brand and market information, and non-publicly available patient, stakeholder, brand and market intelligence. The candidate should be sufficiently knowledgeable in each of these areas with the goal to bring together and interpret matters to provide insight into business performance.
- Identify critical business issues and opportunities for growth; collaborate with key stakeholders; and work to embed a patient point-of view into the strategic direction of the brands and company
- Define/oversee various projects and other work completed by external vendors, agencies and consultants
- Deliver insights to positively impact business decisions
- Participate actively in commercial projects by providing unbiased, objective, in-depth analysis and insights on current and future markets, product performance, customers, patients and competitors
- Ensure provision of strategic insights/recommendations; enabling business partners/stakeholders to make the best-informed decisions regarding their strategies, plans, etc.
- Develop/manage operating budgets and other resource requirements
- Work cross functionally with the Brand Leaders, Medical Affairs, Expertise Areas and Countries to develop and direct International Market Research and Competitive Intelligence projects and Forecasts accordingly
- Ensure the Company is maintaining pace with current industry best reporting practices
- Ensure the Company is fully compliant with industry Codes of Conduct and Bavarian Nordic internal Codes of Conduct (Pharmacovigilance etc.)
- Selection, management and performance review of external market research and other third-party analysis
- Performance monitoring of key brands and market through management and analysis of KPIs.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working in pharmaceuticals – 2 years of experience in Vaccines environment desired.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in Tender & Contracting environment on local, regional or global level.
- You are experienced in conducting qualitative and quantitative primary market research
- You are experienced in procuring and managing IQVIA data
- You have experience in creating and using Excel-based forecasting models
- Familiarity and experience with more modern, advanced qualitative and quantitative market research techniques
- Ability to present to senior management with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of outsourcing and managing third party vendors
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Entrepreneurial mindset, ability to build processes and tools from scratch, lead and operate successfully in an empowered organization
- Results oriented with high commitment to quality and performance and ability to translate a given strategy into detailed implementation
- Ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders (internal and external) and negotiate and implement a plan that is mutually agreed upon.
- Strong financial and commercial background; understanding of manufacturing and detailed understanding of cost structures is a strong plus
- Confidence and experience to build and leading without authority. Knows how to get things done.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and networking skills
- Ability to analyze, define and convey complex concepts and strategies in verbal and written communication to very demanding internal and external audiences
- Approximately 20% international travel will be required
- University/Bachelor’s degree required
- An exciting position in our Commercial department within an international environment
- Working in a highly motivated team
- Broadening your experience in an internationally operating, biopharmaceutical company
If you are interested in the position, we look forward to receiving your application in English with your annual salary expectations and your earliest possible start date via our internal system.
Just click here or click “APPLY” on the top right side of the page and you will be redirected to our application site.
We kindly ask recruitment agencies/headhunters to refrain from contacting Bavarian Nordic GmbH. Unsolicited documents will not be considered