Second Spectrum is a sports tech company and for our Lausanne (Lake Geneva region, Switzerland) office we are looking for a Senior Computer Vision Engineer.
Develop computer vision & machine learning cutting-edge technologies to ensure our market leading position in sports player tracking and broadcast solutions.
- Be an expert in one of the sub-fields of modern computer vision relevant to our work: object detection, recognition and tracking, camera calibration, 3D reconstruction, etc.
- Manage interdisciplinary projects combining different teams within the company.
- Mentor interns and engineers, and foster knowledge sharing among the team and the company.
- Design, prototype, implement and test software and computer vision & machine learning algorithms in Python and C++.
- Develop and optimize real-time and high-accuracy sports solutions with modern computer vision.
- Leverage Amazon Web Services (EC2 and S3) to run algorithms on a large number of servers in the cloud.
- Implement and provide best-practices for maintainable software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
- MSc or PhD in computer science or a related degree, with strong software engineering and modern computer vision components.
- 4+ years of industrial experience in full development life cycle: design, prototype, implementation, testing and performance evaluation of software.
- 2-3+ years of industrial experience in computer vision and modern machine learning algorithms, such as deep learning.
- Solid experience in software engineering: modern software development practices and tools, concurrent and distributed programming, operating systems, computer networks, database systems.
- Fully proficient in Python and/or modern C++ with exposure to functional & object-oriented programming paradigms.
- High performance computing; GPU computing; and exposure to real-time systems is an asset.
Our Software Stack:
- Languages for scientific computing: Python & C++
- Frameworks: OpenCV, CUDA, FFmpeg, Tensorflow, NumPy, scikit-learn, Caffe
- Code base: Git with GitLab
- Cloud services: AWS EC2 and S3
- Productivity: Slack, Jira, Confluence, Google Apps (Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Flexible working hours, competitive salary, incentive stock options and improved Swiss social benefits.
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management by highly-qualified technical leads with daily stand-ups, weekly 1:1 & team meetings.
- Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable and efficient code).
- Start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and opportunities to make an impact.
- State-of-the-art technology: attend international CV conferences, such as ICCV or CVPR, and discuss papers on a regular basis.
- Multicultural team with employees based across 3 countries (USA, Switzerland and India).
- Highly-qualified team of 10 computer vision engineers, who enjoy learning, exchanging ideas and questioning existing standards.
- Regular formal and informal team outings.
About Second Spectrum:
Second Spectrum is the world leader in building machines that understand sports and the experts at creating value from tracking data. We create tools that help teams win with cutting-edge technology in computer vision, machine learning, big data, augmented reality, and product design. Second Spectrum is the Official Optical Tracking Provider of the English Premier League (EPL) and of the National Basketball Association (NBA). We have over 100 employees across 4 countries and are headquartered in Los Angeles (USA).