ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of the Analyst Global S&OP is to:
- Oversee S&OP process application for the company,
- Define and monitor continuous improvement process ensuring respect of timelines for Demand submissions,
- Consolidate and animate monthly global S&OP reporting and meeting
- Manage analysis when appropriate.
- Share best practices.
Support the Global Demand and S&OP Senior Manager in his role of Sales & Operation owner,
Support Regional, Cluster and market S&OP manager/Demand Planner, in order to ensure continuous improvement regarding process, tool utilization and data accuracy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure Global Planning tool & S&OP processes utilization competencies and participate to skills development
- Support the Regional S&OP managers team to engage with process stakeholders (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Finance) to ensure collaborative process. Collect, animate and share best practice within the regional planning community.
- Assist in defining process and demand signal improvement at Global planning, Regional and Market level.
- Support and mentor the Region and Market demand organization in order to ensure adequate tool utilization and data accuracy through:
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach
- Update and Publish Global KPIs (Forecast Accuracy, Top 10 Markets)
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Developing forecasting analysis capability (including reports into Business Intelligence tool), and insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Ensuring the collection of all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and inventory levels).
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Support collection of the Global Demand signal.
- Support Supply Planning processes to ensure that plans are established, monitored and reviewed in order to ensure efficient and timely distribution of products for the Regions
- Assist Global Demand Senior Manager in driving S&OP process integration with other processes (financial)
- Assist Global Demand Senior Manager in driving IT project dedicated to tools and process improvement
- Lead the Global monthly S&OP process and meetings
Skills and Experience
CRITICAL EXPERIENCES FOR SUCCESS
- Degree in Operations, Logistics, International Management, Supply Chain experience
- Experience in a market and in a global supply chain environment within FMCG Company (Minimum 3 years)
- Planning experience (Sales, Demand, Supply, Production etc.)
- Experience in improving business via continuous improvement process/Lean principles and incorporation of available systems technologies.
- S&OP strong knowledges
- Experience in project management and IT Tools implementations.
- Team management experience
- Living our Values and demonstrating high Learning Agility are fundamental for success in this role as well as for potential growth to other roles across Bacardi in the future.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with high degree of initiative and driveProject Management Skills
- Excellent technical skills including advanced Excel & SAP ECC/APO or another Planning /ERP system knowledge
- Excellent communication, written & presentation skills
- Ability to make quick decisions for corrective action
- Listening and influencing skills
- International demand management experience is essential, preferably in multi-national organization
- Influencing, planning skills and the ability to implement global planning policies and processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent English; Other local languages an asset
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars - Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
- Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
- Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
- Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it’s our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.