Glattpark (Opfikon - Zürich)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and operate Sunrise fixed data network.
- Perform diagnostics on Fixed Data Network elements and run tests against the impacted resources to identify of cause of specific trouble.
- Manage medium to large provisioning tasks configuring network elements and testing end-to-end service.
- Create, plan and submit Change Request on the Fixed Data Network.
- Troubleshoot Customer Trouble Tickets.
- Perform complex preventive maintenance tasks.
- Determine the (security) risk and impact of implementing a Change Request.
- Monitor and maintain the operational status of fixed network through regular evaluation of trouble ticket reports and performance statistics.
- Perform configuration changes in the network related to NTT or driven by Sunrise engineering work orders.
- Complete technical support deliverables as defined in the project plan.
- Keep up to date with latest development of telecommunications technologies.
- Maintain close relations with third parties (i.e. vendors) to be able to monitor progress of reported problems, known caveats, newly available features, software upgrades and hardware products.
- Foresee possible conflicts and improvements to operational services.
- Assist in design, engineering, testing and rollout of newly defined Sunrise products.
- Degree in Telecommunication or Computer Science, CCNP-SP/CCIE certification level.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Fixed Data network operation and management.
- Fluency in English is a must, German is considered as a plus.
- Experience with Operators’ O&M Departments or other Managed Services Organizations is a plus.
- Comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of Fixed Data Network architecture.
- Consolidated experience with systems and technologies from Huawei, Cisco, Juniper.
- Knowledge of Clarify and Remedy tickets tools, Adtran DSLAM, Huawei/Cisco/Juniper high-end routers and L3 switches, IP Quartz Clock, MPLS, LDP, L2VPN Martini and Kompella drafts, L3VPN, MP-BGP, NG-MVPN, ISIS, OSPF, eBGP internet peering, Router Reflectors, XML and scripting languages
- Proven ability to participate in large scale projects, to implement project requirements and to provide project technical support.
- Capability to understand process frameworks and to support process implementation and optimization.
- Extensive practice in drawing up technical or operational specifications and to understand requirements from the customer or the field forces.
- Solid understanding of security rules and standards.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse, high paced organization.
At Sunrise, you will be working in a dynamic environment where a lot can be achieved through dedication. A wide range of opportunities for professional development will be available to you. In addition to progressive employee benefits, you will receive attractive telecommunications offers.
We believe that teamwork is the key to making work fun. Do you agree? Then seize the moment and apply online!
Please note that we only accept applications via our online tool.