Your role is to design, develop and implement database systems based on customer requirements. In additional to this role, you will be responsible to manage the lifecycle of the assigned applications inclusive of release upgrades, technological survey on new and modern tools and users support.
Main tasks will include:
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects
- Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
- Developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
- Responsible for the applications management within the given business contexts
- Responsible for the ongoing service and change requests for given applications, 2nd and 3rd level support (internal or external)
- Define technical documents and functional specifications to implement, monitor, administrate, customize and programs the operated applications
- Support business requirements formalization process for change requests and new developments
- Evaluate business demands and strategic initiatives in the concerned domains
- More than 3 years of experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack having Power BI, SSAS, SSRS, SSIS, T-SQL as well as in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects
- 3 to 4 years of experience working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI
- In-depth understanding of database management System, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity in SQL and proven experience as a BI Developer
- IT functional and technical experience in one or more of the following applications like Cegid, TXT, Software AG, .NET etc. is a plus
In this position, your hands-on mentality, attention to details and strong problem solving skills will be called upon. You have good interpersonal skills, are persuasive and resilient. You bring strong communication skills as well as pronounced analytical, technical and planning skills. Customer, service and solution oriented, you are used to work in fast moving, international environments and deal well with priorities and tight deadlines.
You bring a Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and possess 3-4 years’ work experience in similar fields, as well as a background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining.
In addition, you are fluent in English and French, every additional language such as German or Italian is an asset. Furthermore, you are in possession of a valid Swiss work permit.