Stimulating. Motivating. Challenging.
NAGRA, a digital TV division of the Kudelski Group provides security and multiscreen user experience solutions for the monetization of digital media. The company offers content providers and DTV operators worldwide secure, open, integrated platforms and applications over broadcast, broadband and mobile platforms, enabling compelling and personalized viewing experiences.
As part of the Kudelski Group Data Analytics initiative, we are developing business performance solutions for major pay-TV operations around the world, powered by state-of-the-art machine learning and probabilistic algorithms.
Would you like to join a nimble, focused and fast moving group within a well-established company? Wer are a team of techies, data crunchers, and business experts, willing to make a difference in a quickly changing industry - get in touch!
Location: Cheseaux, Switzerland
We are looking for a dedicated Big Data Engineer to be responsible for:
- Design and implement data pipelines and ETL flows that will ingest huge amounts of data from diverse sources
- Closely work with data scientists and other software engineers to productize analytics and data models, clarifying requirements and ensuring high quality deliveries
- Stay on top of evolving technologies providing efficient design and improvements of the data architecture
Requirements / Profile
- A Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study, or similar work experience
- Strong knowledge of software development with experience in multiple languages. Strong in at least one of the following languages: Python, Scala or Java
- Experience in Data Modelling and working with ETL pipelines
- Experience with one or more of the following technologies: Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Data Warehouses (i.e., Redshift) as well as SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Amazon AWS, Docker, CI tools, and/or DevOps
- An entrepreneurship spirit, being open to discuss ideas and solutions with the other members of the team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the domain of the Pay-TV industry
- Familiarity with Agile engineering practices
- Experience with recent technology trends, including Machine Learning or Analytics
- Experience in creating proof-of-concepts and/or rapidly prototyping ideas
- Strong written and spoken English. French or any other European language is considered a plus