Debiopharm Group™ is a Swiss-headquartered global biopharmaceutical group including five companies active in the life science areas of drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostic tools and investment management. Debiopharm International SA is focused on the development of prescription drugs that target unmet medical needs. The company in-licenses and develops promising drug candidates. The products are commercialized by pharmaceutical out-licensing partners to give access to the largest number of patients worldwide.
For our Translational Medicine Department and within our Pharmacology and Screening team, we are looking for a
Senior/Associate Principal Translational Scientist, Oncology
The Pharmacology and Screening team determines how drugs work to inform and accelerate clinical development.
Your main responsibilities:
- Works in matrix organization in close collaboration with other Translational Medicine functions (DMPK, Preclinical Safety and Diagnostics/Personalized Medicine) and the Clinical Research Development teams to characterize the pharmacological properties of drug candidates:
- Represents the Pharmacology and Screening function in the Translational Medicine Project Teams.
- May represent the Translational Medicine function in the global Project Teams and lead a Translational Medicine Project Team.
- Is accountable for designing and outsourcing (CROs or academic labs) the pharmacology studies, as well as analysing and reporting the results for a variety of oncology projects:
- In vitro/in vivo compounds selection and profiling, including off target characterization.
- Mechanism of action.
- In vivo proof of concept– PK/PD.
- Identification, method development/validation of clinical PD biomarkers.
- Contributes to preparation of the pharmacology sections of regulatory documentation (IDB, summaries for IND and IMPD, briefing documentation). May participate in interactions with Health Authorities.
- Opportunity to work in clinical study teams:
- Defines and manages the clinical PD studies (e.g. blood and tissue biomarkers), incl. data analysis and reporting according to GCP and GCLP.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Research and Development team.
- Participates in external scientific communications (publications, poster and oral presentations).
- Contributes to in/out licensing activities for the assets of the company. Evaluates the pharmacology package of new opportunities and may interact with potential licensees.
- Supports the IP department by contributing to the scientific sections of patent applications.
- PhD in relevant expertise area or equivalent in biomedical engineering.
- In-depth expertise in preclinical pharmacology and oncology.
- At least 5 years of experience in drug development (experience in clinical dev. is a plus)
- Experience in the industry is a plus.
- Good understanding of related disciplines including histopathology, bioanalytics, PK and PK/PD.
- Excellent IT analytical skills incl. advanced graphical explorations (R statistical software and image analysis are a plus).
- Project management experience.
- Excellent team working skills.
- People management / leadership experience is desirable
- Strong interpersonal skill to communicate with external vendors and stakeholders.
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (oral and written).
- Ability to influence through the matrix organization, demonstrated assertiveness and impact in communication.
Debiopharm can offer you:
- An international and highly dynamic environment of a mid-size company.
- The opportunity to join a successful, family-owned, company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry covering various therapeutic areas and modalities (small molecules, biologics, and radiopharmaceuticals).
- The possibility to work in a company in which people, innovation, and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.