Fotokite develops autonomous, high-endurance tethered aerial systems for public safety. Fotokite systems are used by firefighters to gain fuller situational awareness arriving at a scene, by rescue teams to coordinate a response to a large-scale disaster, and as a key enabling system in many other scenarios.
We are seeking motivated and experienced Embedded Systems Engineers to join our growing R&D team in Zurich, Switzerland. The ideal candidate is highly experienced in the development of embedded software on resource-constrained microcontrollers for robotic applications.
- Implement firmware, drivers, systems and frameworks for micro-controllers, sensors and actuators
- Participate in the full embedded software life cycle, including design, implementation, code reviews, testing, verification and validation
- Collaborate with firmware, flight-controls, electrical and mechanical engineering teams on the development of new features and the testing and improvement of existing features
- Excellent embedded-C/C++ programming skills
- Experience with bare-metal firmware development
- Experience developing on a small-footprint RTOS (e.g. FreeRTOS/ChibiOS)
- Experience developing low-level drivers for sensors and actuators
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop debugging
- Experience using oscilloscopes and other common electrical engineering tools for hands-on debugging
- Knowledge of embedded programming and debugging best practices
- Experience with static code analysis & verification is highly beneficial
- Willingness to show initiative and tackle problems across the full embedded stack
- Very good communication skills in English both verbally and in writing
- Team player willing to review and document code