Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with over 110,000 employees in 73 countries and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions. The group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and operates under the brands Atos, Atos Syntel, and Unify. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on the CAC40 Paris stock index.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information technology space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education as well as multicultural and pluralistic approaches to research that contribute to scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the group enables its customers, employees and collaborators, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably and confidently in the information technology space.
For our small but growing Analytics & AI team based in Zurich, we are currently looking for a
Senior Consultant - Machine Learning Engineer with data science skills and entrepreneurial mindset (m/f)
We are looking for a Senior Consultant – with Machine Learning Engineering skills, Data Science skills and entrepreneurial mindset to join our small but growing Analytics & AI Consulting & Engineering team in Zurich and Nyon. You will join a global company with lots of technology resources with on site, near sourcing and offshore capabilities, as well as a small but fast growing analytics A & AI team of Sr consultants, technology specialists and entrepreneurs. You will be working on challenging projects with international blue-chip clients across diverse industries in Switzerland, on both advanced data analytics and consulting, including meeting with clients and building bespoke solutions to face their challenges. You will work across all of our projects for recommendations on ML and data engineering and For our small but growing Analytics & AI team, we are currently looking for awork on specific projects in teams of 2 to 4 consultants, on 1 to 3 projects simultaneously.
The ideal candidate will have client consulting experience working on a range of different Machine Learning disciplines, e.g. search ranking, text/sentiment classification, image recommendations, and others and will bring an entrepreneurial mindset with a “can do” attitude and agile approach. The position will involve taking these skills and applying them in partnership with our customers to some of the most exciting data & prediction problems in different industry verticals. You will work for the Swiss market as part of a global ATOS team of deeply technical data scientists, knowledge engineers & machine learning engineers. Our team is highly motivated to help our customers in their digital analytics transition to solve their business problems and by doing so inventing the Swiss analytics solutions and AI products of tomorrow.
- Develop innovative AI / ML solutions or work with innovative ATOS AI solutions or partner solutions for our clients
- Work with our strategic partners to incubate new ideas and turn visions into POC, POC into MVPs and MVPs into Swiss and potentially global solutions.
- Lead, influence and shape the growth of ATOS Switzerland technical Machine learning / Data science team in Zurich and Nyon.
- Act as a though leader for the adoption of the latest advances in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science within ATOS Switzerland
- Be responsible, as a strong software leader for inventing how we use technology, Machine Learning, and Data to enable the productivity of ATOS CH engagement with customers.
- Work closely with local and global scientists & product teams and learn to deliver ML solutions at scale within ATOS, whilst encouraging best practices for ML across the company.
- Help deliver AI ML solutions to our clients in an agile fashion
- Help envision and establish our data science environment, tools, and platforms.
- Understand, develop and optimize highly scalable classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules-based models
- Adapt standard machine learning methods to best exploit modern parallel environments (e.g. distributed clusters, multicore SMP, and GPU)
- Help deploying machine learning solutions into production for our clients.
- Help optimizing solutions for performance and scalability.
- Help with data engineering, i.e. ensuring a good data flow between database and backend systems with high-performance data pipelines.
- Implementing custom machine learning code and ATOS global solutions /partner solutions
- Explain analyses and machine learning solutions to technical audiences
- May liaise with other teams to enhance our technological stack, to enable the adoption of the latest advances in Data Processing and AI
- Being an active member of the A&AI team, you contribute to ATOS Data Science algorithms and work efficiently with our data science infrastructure. You will get involved in testing and assessing the quality of new tools.
- The role in the beginning will help coach Junior Data Scientists and experienced Software Engineers learning Data science without direct reports. However, we expect the successful candidate with the right profile to be able to lead a team of Junior Data Scientists and Data engineers in the near future based on our growing business opportunities.
- You’ll be involved in team recruitment, training provision, and coaching
- You will have opportunities to be certified with our global Partners technologies (Google, Microsoft Azure,…)
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial, hands-on, proactive mindset
- Strong consultative skills for engagement with clients with related experience
- MS in Computer Science or related quantitative field
- More than 2 years of experience and demonstrable deep technical skills in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, natural language processing or computer vision.
- 1+ experience with one or more DL frameworks such as Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Experience using cloud data science tools like AzureML, AWS Sagemaker, GCP’s cloud AI
- Some working knowledge of a platform tools such as Knime, Domino, H20, Databricks, Dataiku, Rapidminer, DataRobot, etc
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in Python and Scala, preferred
- Experience building large scale data processing pipelines
- Experience with Cloud computing, Hadoop/Spark, SQL, ETL
- Ability to explain and present analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience
- Use of Data Science Modelling Tools eg. R, Python, Hadoop, Spark, SAS and Data Science Notebooks (e.g. Jupyter)
- Creative, collaborative, & product-focused
- Can travel to client locations in Switzerland when needed
- Fluent language skills in English, Business German desirable, French a plus.
- Experience with filesystems, server architectures, and distributed systems
- Experience deploying to production systems & optimizing for performance
- PhD in a related field a plus but not a must.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.