The Revenue Management Data Scientist supports the Revenue Management organization by creating, reviewing and adapting the pricing strategy in order to offer the right product to the right customer at the right time for the right price. He\/she also uses mathematical analysis or simulations to develop practical solutions to business problems and for opportunities optimisation.
- Fluent English, any additional European language is an advantage;
- University degree (Master, PHD as asset) in Engineering \/ Computer Science and\/or Business Administration \/ Statistics;
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking, creative problem solver;
- Previous experience in Revenue Management is preferable, possibly in the tourism industry;
- Big Data, Machine Learning, Algorithms for Predictive Analytics and advanced natural language generation for reporting expertise;
- Experience in core analytics methods (e.g. Machine Learning\/Deep Learning, Optimization\/Operational Research, Geoanalytics, Predictive Modeling, Autonomous Agents, Network Analysis, etc…);
- Ability to build business cases from analysis to be sold to senior management, including Executive Directors and CEO;
- Strong problem solving and decision making attitude.
- Interprets historical and current data and trends to identify revenue opportunities;
- Analyses and understands trends and booking curves by key segments, finding efficiencies and identifying opportunities for process improvement;
- Balances risk vs. returns on investment of conflicting alternatives, i.e. incorporates dilution risk vs. market potential;
- Sets strategic direction, determines pricing, creates promotions, and explores new distribution opportunities in order to maximize revenue;
- Understands customers' perception of product value and accurately aligns products price and availability with each customer segment;
- Support the Corporate Commercial organization in the effective implementation and monitoring of local commissioning schemes;
- Designs, prototypes, develops and fields predictive models and analytical approaches that power the Guest experience in all the cruise “phases”;
- Elaborates new data models by leveraging on the latest technologies and platforms available (Machine Learning, Algorithms for Predictive Analytics, etc.);
- Orchestrates a consistent customer data collection process between all the new digital channels and the existing company data architecture;
- Develops cutting edge visualizations including dashboards and set of KPIs to be monitored (e.g. promotions follow-up, campaign redemption, etc.);
- Builds business case simulations to facilitate the decision making process for investments and strategic projects.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
Right to work in SwitzerlandPart of the MSC Group, MSC Cruises is the market leader in the Mediterranean, South Africa and South America, and sails year-round in the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. Its seasonal itineraries cover northern Europe, the Atlantic Ocean, South America, southern Africa, and the Persian/Arabian Gulf. MSC Cruises was born in the Mediterranean, and draws inspiration from this heritage to create a unique experience for holidaymakers worldwide. As a result of a euro 6.5 billions investment programme launched in 2003, MSC Cruises' fleet comprises 13 state-of-the-art cruise ships belonging to four different classes: Lirica, Musica, Fantasia and Meraviglia. The fleet's average age is 7 years, the youngest in the industry. In 2014, MSC Cruises launched a euro 9 billion, 10 year investment plan to support the second phase of its growth through the order of up to 11 next generation mega cruise ships. As a result, MSC Cruises' fleet will double by 2026, while the passenger capacity will triple to reach five million passengers per year. MSC Cruises is the first cruise company to develop an investment plan of this length and magnitude. MSC Cruises feels a deep responsibility for the environments in which it operates, and was the first company ever to earn the Bureau Veritas "7 Golden Pearls" for superior management and environmental stewardship. In 2009, MSC Cruises began an enduring partnership with UNICEF to support various programmes assisting children worldwide.