Manage the planning, design and engineering of data & advanced analytics solutions, using product model approach, to build reusable assets for the enterprise meeting quality and performance requirements and technical constraints across multiple countries and/or functions. Is overall responsible for Novartis-wide engineering of technical enterprise products or cluster of products (e.g. SEO, Data anonymization, Enterprise Integration (API), Data Ingestion Services, Data Fairification)
- Lead the design and engineering of the products * Define and governs architecture and design of the technical products in alignment with product managers and product consumers
- Build technical product teams
- Drive innovative and effective Advanced Analytics product delivery in alignment of Novartis investments.
- Leads, advises initiatives across Novartis divisions. This role is a critical driver for accelerating Novartis aspiration to go Big on Data and Digital.
Engineering lead has responsibility for ensuring their team and product delivers value to customers:
- Guides the technical vision and implementation of their software products
- Responsible for defining how to develop the product, product stability, and overall product quality
- Takes the lead in building a deep understanding of new and relevant technologies for the purpose of enhancing their product
- Ensures the optimal application of product engineering resources in order to meet product development requirements
- Build product teams, plays a mentorship role to engineering personnel, assisting in their duties upon request, and constantly promoting the growth of their professional skills
- Helps the team to achieve and surpass product and program goals
- Provides technical guidance and direction as well as contributing hands-on to software development
- Recruit product team engineers in order to ensure continuity, consistency and excellence in product delivery - Organize product teams by compiling the required resources and assigning responsibilities according to a defined time schedule
- Acts as an evangelist and guiding practitioner of agile and DevOps practices
- Leads the charge in the product team for crushing technical debt
- Builds strong working partnership with product owners and delivers in alignment with product roadmap priorities
- Ensures that MVP products are delivered in a secure, robust, scalable and usable form which are in strong alignment with the product owner
- Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing and deploying new solutions and services
- Ensure that release delivers the expected outcomes and value for the customers
- Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Solution Delivery scope
- Ensure that all releases and deployment packages can be tracked, installed, tested, verified and backed out (if required), in adherence to CI/CD best practices
- Contribute to creation of analytics engineering practice in NBS IT: Set up organization, implement new operating model and technology standards, hire and train workforce
- Provide excellent subject matter expertise and develops an environment, which fosters innovation
- Manage, coaches and oversees internal and external resources in line with their targets, roles and responsibilities and the Novartis values & behaviors
- University degree or equivalent.
- Business fluent in English (written and spoken)
- At least 15 years of experience in Business and IT, predominantly in Business Analytics
- 5 years of experience in Big Data and Advanced Analytics
- Proven leadership skills in Big Data and Advanced Analytics with the ability to drive diverse, geographically dispersed teams to deliver against milestones
- Proven experience in creating and leading technical product engineering including full stack engineering
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are empowered to ask new questions, make bolder decisions and take smarter risks.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Novartis Pharma AG