The Business Analyst will help Align EMEA business to understand and identify where the creative use of data can create commercial value. It will do this by building understanding of the business and its data and providing robust and scalable platforms that allow for the rapid building and delivery of solutions.
Success for the service will be when it either able to contribute to the generation of new revenue, or allowing decisions to be made that stop or refocus initiatives that aren’t delivering value.
- Represents the voice of the internal business users, and creates a vision together with the stakeholders for the development of business information reporting and data services.
- Design of data modelling across Salesforce.com, IDS, Datamart to ensure data is accurate, complete, unique with the right data integrity.
- Supports the EMEA Roadmap projects and related reporting needs.
- Supports the EMEA IT team internal continuous improvement projects and related reporting needs.
- Orders the Service Backlog hereby balancing priority, risk, value and dependencies
- Co-ordinates the delivery of new requests through a development cycle
- Manages communication with stakeholders about developments on the BI platform
- Develops relationships with internal stakeholders in the business and in the Align global technology group
- Develops relationships with external suppliers
- Creates and manages conceptual data models to describe key organisational entities and relationships
- Understanding of the capabilities and potential of BI platforms and the effective use of data within organisations to guide decision making
- Knowledge of the CRM and ERP platforms in use within Align (Salesforce.com and SAP)
- Understanding of architectures and technologies that are used in BI implementations such as ETL, data cubes, visualisation products etc.
- Experience of using Agile methodologies such as SCRUM in the context of BI projects
- Understanding of fundamental conceptual data-mapping techniques such as entity-relationship modelling
- Interpersonal and stakeholder management skills with internal and external parties
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to communicate business and BI concepts clearly to technical stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial mindset able to spot opportunities based on business value and potential for return on investment
- An understanding of how to “play” with data
- EMEA CIO (reporting line)
- Business managers across the EMEA organisation
- BI, CRM and ERP colleagues in the global Align IT organisation
- External development partners
- External software providers
Requirements (education and experience)
- Bachelor degree
- 10+ years’ experience