Your role duties will include development of the UBS AML data analytics program with particular focus on Client Risk Rating and Transaction Monitoring models, and it includes the following tasks:
- Bring modeling and data analytics expertise to develop, implement, and execute the Client Risk Rating
- Develop and enhance Client Risk Rating methodology and ensure its alignment with UBS Model Governance policies and model life cycle.
- Develop and conduct verification of Model Performance and Monitoring Confirmation Concept
- Conduct model stress tests, calibration and impact analysis
- Implement the ongoing model performance assessment standards for AML transaction monitoring tools
- Support the model validation submission when conducted MRMC.
- Support Model Owner in keeping the model documentation up-to-date and also assist with remediation plans when issues identified during model validation.
- When necessary , conduct detailed anbalysis /testing of all model components (conceptual , theoretical review, qualifying and quantifying all risk dimensions).
- Ensure all model artifacts are up to date in model management repository (CPAS). Alert Model Owner and FCP head of validation to plausible model weaknesses.
Your team :
You will be working in the Risk Assessments and Analytics and FCP Model Governance teams within global Financial Crime Prevention function. We work as a gatekeeper in preventing money laundering (AML), terrorism financing, sanctions and corruption risks for the bank. Our role is to perform group level risk assessments, develop firm-wide analytics program, carry out data mining exercises, contribute as modeling experts and evaluate money laundering country risks.
Your expertise :
– a university degree (BS, MS or PhD) in quantitative discipline: Mathematics, computer science, physics, engineering or economics/econometrics.
– Prior experience in AML domain is a plus
– good data analytics skills (e.g. SQL, MS Access, excel etc.)
– Experience with advance SQL data analytics functions is a plus
– good programming skills (e.g. Visual Basic, Java, C, C++, python, R etc.)
– experience with model development and calibration
– experience with Machine Learning
– good record keeping, report drafting and judgment skills (experience with Latex, R-Rmarkdown, R suave)
– Ability to establish, contribute to or enhance existing framework is a plus
– fluent English skills (oral & written); Knowledge of other languages and cultures is an advantage
– think out-of-the-box and be creative
– able to explain technical concepts in simple terms to facilitate collaboration
– analyze a problem, take a view and propose solutions
– team player with ability to make things happen and stick with an individual task
– known for having a strong attention to detail and strong research capability