What you will do
The successful candidate will be part of the Procurement IT Business Partner team responsible to identify and deliver IT enabled Procurement solutions. She/he will work directly with the global Procurement teams to methodically define IT enablement needs and to capture specific business requirements. He/she will also work directly with IT teams to design & deliver IT solutions that enables the desired business outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of both strategic and tactical Procurement processes and will be responsible to collect business requirements and target-outcome, engage appropriate IT resources, verify solution proposal and support timely delivery and achievement of outcome.
How you will do it
- Acquire and maintain solid understanding of JCI Procurement processes both strategic (i.e. supplier management, spend analytics, strategic sourcing, supplier onboarding, contracting) and tactical (i.e. MRP, requisitioning, purchase orders, receiving, invoicing and payment).
- Respond to requests from Procurement teams for IT enablement. Collect and document detailed business requirements in context of target business outcome. Business requirements must consider business process, data, business-user and technology.
- Engage appropriate IT resources to develop solution proposal based on scope of IT requirements. Collaborate with both Procurement & IT to clarify requirements and to support its development. Verify solution proposal for business requirement coverage, cost and timing.
- Support Procurement with development of business cases needed to justify IT expenditures.
- Obtain approval to move forward with IT enablement requests by recording requirements, solution proposal, costs, timing and benefits in Daptiv and performing necessary Demand Management approval processes.
- Initiate work by confirming funding and securing necessary Procurement and IT resources. Submit VMO-GO requests to produce POs for IT services as required.
- Support delivery of projects and enhancements. Clarify requirements and perform supporting business analysis as needed. Participate in and/or verify solution design. Coach business team on data activities and UAT. Verify transition to support has properly occurred.
- Be an advocate for both Procurement and IT and facilitate good communication between the two organizations.
QualificationsWhat we look for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Supply Chain or related discipline with an IT focus. MBA or graduate degree in related discipline with a Business focus preferred.
- At least 6 years of experience in business customer-facing IT or other non-IT role related to the Procurement function. Or 6 years of experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Strong knowledge of the following procurement functions and processes including data elements and business user roles – specifically using SAP Ariba Procurement-to-Pay and spend analytics/reporting tools:
- Strategic Procurement
- supplier management
- spend analytics
- strategic sourcing
- supplier onboarding
- Tactical Procurement-to-Pay
- purchase orders/scheduling agreements
- invoicing and payment processing
- Ability to analyze functional and technical needs and identify gaps and alternative solutions relative to existing design
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-team, global environment
- Excellent communication skills required at all levels. Must be able to interact and impact senior leadership. Excellent command of verbal and written communication (English). Effective presentation style for all levels of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple concurrent deliverables of team/SME, developed internal/external relationship, established cross-team partnership. Experience participating in large complex cross-functional programs.
- Knowledge of major ERPs such as SAP, Oracle or Baan is a plus
- Demonstrated prior experience with process mapping a plus
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English
- Experience in business analysis and/ or business processes automation
- Understanding of IT landscape, systems and Integration architecture in large organizations
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions, departments and levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of abstraction, fast understanding and conceptual thinking
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to deliver quality output under tight deadlines
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Job Information Systems