In this role, you will be joining the Airline Distribution Standards’ Technology Standards team reporting to the Senior Manager, Technology Standards. The Technology Standards team develops and maintains Electronic Data Interchange and XML message standards for passenger travel and airport-related passenger service activities.
You will be responsible for modeling business and data requirements documented by industry standards groups and developing associated data exchange specifications such as XML schemas or APIs.
You will use the Airline Industry Data Model (AIDM) and associated methodology to produce required artifacts to fulfil the requirements set by the industry standards groups. You will also work with and present the proposals to Airlines and System Providers (members of industry standards groups) to capture feedback and facilitate ownership.
- Transformational Projects: You will be responsible for modeling business and data requirements and developing associated data exchange specifications for selected standards development projects, ensuring all proposals are interoperable and fully integrated into the AIDM.
- Integration and Interoperability: You will play a vital role providing support and advice to selected industry working group, developing new data exchange standards, support the groups in their effort to document and analyze business requirements and understand the impact of the changes envisaged with a specific focus on business process integration, data and technology interoperability.
- Modern Technologies: You will provide expertise to actively contribute to development of standard methodologies related to the development of new messaging standards (AIDM methodology) and coordination of the use of communication protocol best practices.
- Stakeholder Management: You will maintain strong relationships with secretaries and industry leaders of Working Groups developing requirements for new messages by guiding them through the approach, methodology, and planning of work & resources.
- Commercialization: As and when required by the business, you will develop training materials and delivers training or consulting services allowing industry members and colleagues to use the tools, environment, guidelines and providing hands on support.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree, preferably in Computer Sciences or similar discipline;
- Validated experience with an airline industry or industry system providers;
- Practical hands on experience with data and/or business modeling and UML, XML is necessary,
- Expertise in JSON, APIs, database modelling and web services would be an advantage;
- Excellent planning skills and interpersonal skills with strong customer service mindset
- Ability challenge the current way of working and the requirements of the industry;
- Fluent written and oral communications skills in English.
People are at the heart of everything we do at IATA. We all have different personalities, styles and areas of expertise, but we have one thing in common – the way in which we act which is guided by our values:
- We build standards through expertise
- We champion the global big picture
- We partner for mutual benefits
- We act with a simple human touch
Here at IATA we are proud of being Diverse and Inclusive – we have people with diverse backgrounds who come from all over the world. Together we build a business of freedom where people can be true to themselves in an environment that recognizes good work and personal qualities