VirtaMed AG is a fast growing company with an interdisciplinary background in engineering and medicine, and winner of multiple national and international awards. We develop, produce and distribute virtual reality simulators of highest possible fidelity for the education of surgeons. Just as pilots use flight simulators for training, we enable surgeons to practice and gain experience in virtual reality and not just on the patient.
In order to strengthen our Software Development & Content Development Team, we are looking for a “Software & Gameplay Developer” with a background and passion for games and medical applications.
- You will work closely with our world-class software engineering, 3D modeling and hardware development teams to bring new and re-usable technology, content and patient cases into our simulators.
- Your role as a software developer puts you in a key position to interface and integrate content & simulation technology development & closely collaborate with Product Management and other technical specialists; you optimally bring together the different bits and models to forge surgically relevant & accurate simulations.
- You will implement various game-play features to make our simulators the world’s most realistic.
- You will design and implement useful and valuable teaching exercises together with our Product Managers, as well as internal and external teaching specialists.
- Your work will make our state-of-the-art simulation technology intuitive and even more fun to use.
- You are very passionate about computer games.
- You are full of ideas and drive to create content and extend the usefulness of our medical simulators.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 2 years of professional software development experience (game-play programming and knowledge of rendering technology (e.g. shader programming) is a huge plus).
- Good skills with scripting languages (Python, LUA, etc.)
- 2 years of experience and good skills in C#/.NET or C++
- Experience with other game engines (Unity, Unreal, etc.) is a big plus.
- You have the eye and passion for details; you want to work on and deliver impactful products.
- You are pragmatic, solution- and team-oriented, creative, and self-starter.
- You want to work in a dynamic and fast-growing company where products are at the heart of our business and developed at a high pace.
We are always looking for people with different backgrounds and interests – what counts is that you want to do your best to create and promote excellent training tools for surgeons. In return we give you a creative and flexible working environment and a chance to make a difference