Advanon is looking for a Machine Learning Intern for its growing R&D team!
If you have the drive to push forward the leading invoice financing marketplace in Switzerland with applied machine learning research and development, joining our team will put you in a prime position to do just that.
Advanon offers an online platform that allows small and medium businesses (SMEs) to access needed liquidity by selling their open invoices directly to financial investors. As we are growing and extending our portfolio of products, we're working on exciting machine learning problems in credit risk prediction and document understanding.
Our team consists of 36 (and growing) dedicated people with strong backgrounds (Google, Microsoft, IBM, ETH). We are proud to say we have over 16 different nationalities on the team, a growing presence of women in key roles, and a healthy work-life balance that results in high performance and achievements.
What You Will Do:
- Drive forward one of several machine learning projects in a motivated team responsible for taking complex credit risk decisions in a matter of seconds
- Take responsibility for our training pipeline, from collecting relevant data, experimenting with state-of-the-art algorithms, to supporting its implementation in production
- Independently develop, explore, and evaluate the performance of different solutions
- Discuss ideas with other members of Advanon’s R&D team and research partners
- Successfully brought machine projects from concept to delivery before (e.g., Kaggle competitions, internships, other projects)
- Strong theoretical and practical understanding of common machine learning algorithms (gradient boosting, random forest, neural networks, etc.)
- Proficient in Python and relevant data science and machine learning libraries (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Some experience writing Python code in a production environment
- Currently enrolled in or previously completed a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related fields
- You are innovative, self-driven, and enjoy going the extra mile to reach success
- Fluent in English
- Valid working permission for Switzerland or EU citizenship
- Experience with NLP
- Experience with Tensorflow and/or Keras
- Experience with PySpark
- Experience with AWS or other cloud providers
What We Offer:
- 6 months internship in a growing, multiple award-winning FinTech start-up with high ambitions
- Highly motivated working environment and challenging machine learning projects
- Centrally located office in Zurich-Altstetten, with ping-pong table, dart board, free breakfast/snacks and TGIFs
- Competitive internship salary
Start date : immediately
Candidates that successfully complete the internship program may be eligible for a full-time permanent position.
If you fit the profile we are seeking, and have the drive to make big contributions in an agile startup environment, upload your CV and cover letter, and we'll get in touch with you within a week