The Development Scientist supports new product development by developing providing analysis and evaluation of material and products at all stages of the development process, taking into account scientific and timing objectives. This individual would have various levels of involvement in development and validation of analytical methods. Focus on new analytical methods.
- Manages or contributes to one or more projects in support of departmental plans. Exercises a wide degree of technical sophistication in accomplishing assigned objectives.
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of state-of-the-art technology. Creates research plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Maintains awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding.
- Writes or contributes to technical papers, with agreement of superiors, to enhance personal and departmental reputation.
- Sets and resets priorities to remain focused on objectives in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with written procedures (e.g. quality and safety), methods & batch documents, etc.
- Identify, challenge, develop and implement written procedures (e.g. quality and safety), methods & batch documents, etc.
- Ensures all work is conducted following good scientific practice (always) and Good Manufacturing Practice (where required).
- Takes responsibility for specific equipment in accordance with site procedures.
- Produces or contributes to, departmental quality documentation (including SOP’s, batch documentation, validation protocols & reports).
- Highlights own training needs and working with manager develop a training plan and achieve training goals.
- Trains self and others in new technology and laboratory responsibilities (including coaching, mentoring and elements of personal development).
- Conducts general problem solving or lead problem solving initiatives using formal procedures.
- Specific safety and quality responsibilities for department and site (e.g. GMP, Audits, Health & Safety).
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the technical transfer of methods or processes.
- Develops knowledge of regulations impacting areas of work (e.g. EP/USP/ICH)
- Works with Outsourcing Leader and/or Senior Development Scientists and contractors to help facilitate completion of outsourced support activity
- Education – Bachelor’s min (chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Pharmacists)
- 5 years of experience in analysis of new products (analytical chemistry)
- Knowledge of R&D process and associated commercial environment.
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- An ability to organise and report study data from internal and external sources.
- Flair for creativity and innovation
- Familiarity with advanced analytical techniques such as Mass spectroscopy and have working experience with conventional analytical techniques such as HPLC and GC
- Ability to apply scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects
- Computer literate.
- Basic understanding of statistics and its application to experimental work.
GSK – one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.