Climate change is the defining issue of our time. From rising sea levels and flooding to shifting weather patterns that affect food production, the impacts of climate change are global in scope and unparalleled in scale. South Pole is a leading provider of global sustainability solutions and services, acting today for a better tomorrow. As a data scientist, you will develop applications and find ways to handle data in different departments of South Pole such as for cleantech funds, consulting tools and our supporting departments. This will allow you to experience first-hand various business models at the forefront of climate mitigation.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Explore and suggest new tools and methods
- Collaborate closely with consultants and business developers to understand the goals and issues of the respective departments and propose a solution
- Where needed, challenge proposed solutions and come up with creative alternative solutions
- Tertiary education in Engineering, Economics, Natural Sciences, IT or any other relevant field
- The following skills are a plus: SQL, PHP, Postgres, machine learning algorithms and tools, Natural Language Processing, Google app maker, XML, SOAP and/or data scraping
- Eagerness to understand and dive into the different business units and projects in order to elaborate on the data science part
- Oral and written command of English, any other language(s) are of advantage
- Self-driven and able to propose new ideas and take initiatives.
- Comfortable working in an international fast-paced environment
- Swiss national, or holder of a valid required work visa in Switzerland
- Work in a growing global profit for purpose company with a real commitment to sustainability and fighting climate change
- Excellent team spirit, work within a large and international team of sustainability passionate professionals
- The opportunity to work with professional experts all around the world